Discussion Resso - music streaming app from the makers of TikTok

Prithi Deb

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
TikTok owner Bytedance is getting ready to launch a new music streaming service with paid subscription plans. The app doesn't have any name so far but it is directly aiming for the big guns of the industry such as Apple Music, Spotify and others with its paid subscription plan. Reports say that Bytedance is trying to get licensing deals from Universal Music, Sony Music and Warner Music.

After TikTok, Bytedance to launch new paid music service in India next month: Check details

Reactions: iDJ
This streaming app Resso from Bytedance is really awesome. It has Spotify like UI. It cost ₹99 a month. You need a Facebook or a Google account to sign up for the service.

LdGCXfo.png

zOhIdHX.png

nEu6FcH.png

Xa0bIQB.png

ZGEfTVE.png

sUpWnHd.png

Resso – Apps on Google Play

Downloaded the app. I loved the UI. Now its free for a month so I took a trial. Used Paytm method to activate the trial.

Do they have a good regional music collection?

Don't have songs from Universal Music as the it's parent company's rival Tencent owns minority shares of Universal Music which means popular artist like Taylor Swift, Lorde, Avicii, Enrique Iglesias etc. Desperately needs to sign with all labels to be relevant. Remember how everybody was desperately waiting for Spotify? When it finally launched in India. Everybody hated it.
Resso, ByteDance’s music streaming app, officially launches in India, sans Tencent-backed Universal Music – TechCrunch
Also no desi hip hop garbage from UMI is gonna also cost a huge chuck of engaging audience. That's what kids listen to nowadays, bantai. You can't be a socially engaging company without targetting youths.

Love the floating lyrics feature.
ePEhD60.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock