Good News Reliance slashes JioPhone prices by half under Diwali offer

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Reliance Industries Ltd has more than halved the price of its 4G feature phone -JioPhone- from ₹1500 to ₹699 as part of a limited period Diwali offer. With this, the operator aims to on-board more subscribers and migrate them from 2G and 3G currently to 4G technology.

For customers who avail the Diwali offer, Jio will also offer additional data benefits worth ₹700. And for the first seven recharges that the consumer does, Jio will offer ₹99 worth of data, it said. The offer is available from 4 October to 28 October.

Jio phone available at Rs.699 without exchange as Diwali 2019 gift | DreamDTH

Last edited by a moderator:
tempting price.. dont mind paying 49/month for a phone to be used by elderly.. worth buying one? for my mom to carry a small phone when she heads out?? or should we avoid it coz of its quality??

how good is its battery? voice quality?

for my mom to carry a small phone when she heads out?? or should we avoid it coz of its quality??
how good is its battery? voice quality?
I believe it'll be useful for her if she doesn't have a phone already. Quality wise, this phone is not bad, especially at this price. So many are using it. Battery is good and voice quality for calls from Jio to Jio is excellent. Jio to other networks is normal.

I believe it'll be useful for her if she doesn't have a phone already. Quality wise, this phone is not bad, especially at this price. So many are using it. Battery is good and voice quality for calls from Jio to Jio is excellent. Jio to other networks is normal.
It's not safe though. Charger gets heated up so much. Also the phone while charging gets ridiculously hot. I stopped using my Jio Phone thinking of the charger or the phone exploding. Also the JioFi I have got it's battery swollen. These hardware of Jio devices are hazardous.

It's not safe though. Charger gets heated up so much. Also the phone while charging gets ridiculously hot. I stopped using my Jio Phone thinking of the charger or the phone exploding. Also the JioFi I have got it's battery swollen. These hardware of Jio devices are hazardous.
It should be used as a feature phone, though it's advertised as a cheap smart phone. Avoid mobile data and internet on it, and it won't heat up.

It should be used as a feature phone, though it's advertised as a cheap smart phone. Avoid mobile data and internet on it, and it won't heat up.
I use it for phone calls and SMS purposes only. I am using smartphones since 2012. Wouldn't Jio Phone be a bad downgrade for me?

The phone just gets ridiculously heated up during charging.

Last edited:
Jio launched dozens of different model Jio Phone with different model no. For making calls only it's ok. My mother's Jio Phone is sooo slooow. Kai OS is sh#t.. the GPS turned on itself automatically because of this battery backup is very bad. But Jio 2 Jio call quality is excellent.

Jio launched dozens of different model Jio Phone with different model no. For making calls only it's ok. My mother's Jio Phone is sooo slooow. Kai OS is sh#t.. the GPS turned on itself automatically because of this battery backup is very bad. But Jio 2 Jio call quality is excellent.
Call quality is the only reason I bought. At certain places smartphones aren't allowed. And Airtel, Vodafone and Idea requires a smart recharge. But phone heating up is really scary. Hopefully, some OEM comes with a 4G Volte phone under 1k soon.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock