Reliance Jio testing Live TV (IPTV) service on Jio STB

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 573
  • Views Views: Views 103,369
I disagree. It will help in cord cutting even more.

Because now Jio users will have option to replace the traditional cable TV or DTH connections with a single fiber + IPTV + OTT bundled connection.

Jiotv+ might be providing free digital TV till now but we already know it wasn't going to last longer because it wasn't as convenient as traditional DTH or cable TV services and many users all over the internet had raised their concerns over difficulty in using it. Not only that the programs were different for big network channels and redirecting to their own OTT apps instead of playing directly on Jiotv+. Now that Jio has heard user feedback and launching a foolproof replacement i.e. IPTV, we should welcome it.

We were already paying in DTH and cable TV services, I don't understand what's the problem in paying for Jio Live TV service considering it will be equivalent or even superior compared to those due to the above stated reasons and Jio STB has already OTT apps too so all those entertainment stuff can be now combined within one single connection.
Bro agreed for some, avoid another cable for TV Service and weather conditions . We have already fedup with NCF & MRPs and moved to OTTs, so we are expecting new type of IP tv from Jio without NCF (adjusted in Fiber plan) and MRPs (clubbed with OTT add on) might increase some bucks.
They can improve Jiotv+ like Airtel xstream play with native play of content without going to particular app

Last edited:
It is still good because you don't need a physical Hathaway connection to your home.

Will it be available in cities/states where Hathaway does not offer physical connections?
Its obvious it will be present all over india..
if it has to be available only where hathway is present physically then whats the use ??? So it is obvious that now it will be present for even those where hathway is not present..
also in states and cities where hathway is not present then there is DEN or GTPL which is present which is again owned by jio..

@Bapun bhai now we have to see how many HD and SD channels will they stream in total.. as now only around 150-200 channels are present only… waise minimum of 800 channels they’ll be adding as these channels are present on jio tv+

Also one thing you all can definitely hope is they’ll be adding some 4k channels on iptv.. dth has space constraints and cable tv can’t broadcast 4k channel so jio iptv will definitely take this opportunity to add 4k channels.. and you will definitely see Star4K also..

I don't think Jio will remove all 800+ channels from Jio tv+ and its worth of Rs.200/-(OTT add-on) for all broadcasters OTTs and huge number of FTA channels without NCF.
That would be great. Honestly, the main requirement for us now is the FTA local channels and news channels. For rest of the things, my parents have started using the individual app itself. Earlier my mom used to watch daily soaps LIVE. Now she just opens the app and tunes into the episode she wants to watch whenever she's free. My dad mostly watches news on JioTV+ and listens to music on YouTube by casting from his phone. And occasionally he watches older movies from ErosNow, ShemarooMe and EpicOn.

Looks like the Tata Play SetTopBox is going to make a return from the storage room.

The Return of the Forgotten Hero
They are going to add a live tv app which works through internet, so you have the choice to use satellite or internet, I am not sure of this news, heard from a friend.

Actually, today I called to customer care, they said asap jio planning to launch the live tv app services along with the air fiber and fiber associated plan itself. So enjoy the upcoming live tv app launch. Have a nice day 😊

Jio fiber/ Air fiber is biggest scam currently advertised..They are selling it with offering of ott and digital channels freely.Also they are testing Live Tv which will need to pay price of individual channels and also NCF...Both things cannot exist parallely as no one will subscribe paid channels if they are getting it free digitally..So when Testing will over and Live Tv will go live than they will stop offering of free channels digitally...
Note--I am not against jio and its my opinion purely

Back
Top Bottom