Reliance Jio crosses 100 mn customers: Mukesh Ambani

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 14
  • Views Views: Views 1,755
Reaction score
Reliance Industries Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani on Wednesday said the company's newly-launched telecom venture Reliance Jio has crossed 100 million customer base.

"When we started Jio we set a target of 100 million customers in shortest time. Even we didn't imagine we will do it in months. Aadhaar enabled us to acquire a million customers a day, which is unheard of in the industry," Ambani said.

He was speaking at an interactive session at the Nasscom India Leadership Forum 2017 in Mumbai.

"Jio was conceived at a time when the world was fast digitising. What the Jio platform offers is partner with the next generation to solve problems for India to make sure our industries are more productive," Ambani said.

"To my mind, data is the new natural resource. In that sense, India is blessed with 1.3 billion people, for it to have real value it has to be processed into intelligence. Data is the new oil and its benefit is immense to society. India with its young population will have a competitive advantage," he added.

Reliance Jio crosses 100 mn customers: Mukesh Ambani | Business Standard News

Jio speed reduces. Now it's time to start up remaining Towers

We really need to see who will be the true customers once free offer ends!

ilikered said:
We really need to see who will be the true customers once free offer ends!
If they're going to provide good services and full network coverage. I'm going to use it.

Same here but till now only one tower for our entire village as a result network is there only in main market but no network in residential area as well as in my home.  :dodgy

Sarkar said:
no network in residential area as well as in my home.  :dodgy
Oh! So sad did you tried contacting Jio Care.

hike said:
Oh! So sad did you tried contacting Jio Care.

No but I think it will not help either as 99% places from our village to nearest town( District head as well as nearest Railway Station, 80 km away) jio doesn't has coverage. But from the town to Kolkata along Railway track there is 70% coverage. 

So Jio has to go long way to reach most people and by claiming that Jio has 90% coverage in a 5 star hotel in a mega city will not change ground reality.  :s

Back
Top Bottom