Reliance Jio blocked access to Telegram web?

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 28
  • Views: Views 6,743
Yes lots of people use telegram for gambling and very much fake news are spread through it.

very much fake news are spread through it.
Still a better alternative to WhatsApp. As it shows original id number to whoever you forward a message (i heard this but unsure).

Still a better alternative to WhatsApp. As it shows original id number to whoever you forward a message (i heard this but unsure).
Even though I also don't used it only once during BIGG BOSS I used it!

Working for me for the moment on BSNL Broadband. Blocking Telegram is ridiculous but i've seen worse blocks than this.

I don't think this is true as my laptop is regularly connected to Jio hotspot, and I've had no issues with tg web in the past month

Jio is doing Deep Packet Inspection for a long-time now which isn't really practices by any of the ISP. This is one of the way to drill-down the data and alter your experience.

Jio must stop this since it's against the privacy.

No, Jio has done that since there were some rift between the Government and the Telegram Team recently after Telegram had some rift with the Russian Government.

Telegram is end-to-end encryption which is the most strongest and they don't store any of your chat cloud (if you delete the chat, it's get deleted from everywhere without showing any "Deleted" notification).

So ISP doesn't want to go against the government and hence banned Telegram.

Telegram works just fine on other ISP.

Last edited:
Jio is doing Deep Packet Inspection for a long-time now which isn't really practices by any of the ISP. This is one of the way to drill-down the data and alter your experience.

Jio must stop this since it's against the privacy.

No, Jio has done that since there were some rift between the Government and the Telegram Team recently after Telegram had some rift with the Russian Government.

Telegram is end-to-end encryption which is the most strongest and they don't store any of your chat cloud (if you delete the chat, it's get deleted from everywhere without showing any "Deleted" notification).

So ISP doesn't want to go against the government and hence banned Telegram.

Telegram works just fine on other ISP.

Your statement is contradictory. If Jio is blocking due to Indian Govt order then all other ISP of India should also block it but you are saying it works in other ISP which proves there is no Govt order to block it and Jio is unilaterally blocking it for it's users may be to protect its users from malware just like Google do

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock