• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,854

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
MUMBAI: Red FM Mumbai promoted Sona Mohapatra’s single 'Bedaradi Raja' from the movie 'Delhi Belly' on RJ Mantra Mumbai Local. The singer along with her band played an unplugged version of the song.

Speaking on the song Sona Mohapatra said, “Bedardi Raja comes from a long tradition of risqué 'Kotha' songs. We've heard refined versions of them in Bollywood movies of the 60's and 70's. Ram Sampath (music composer) was keen on making a much more brazen version of the style and I've always been fascinated by this whole era in Indian music, history where the 'Kothewali' was also the only profession or means of earning ones livelihood available to women. These were true artistes, like the Geisha's of Japan, who were also the first independent women of their times.”

Red FM Mumbai local host, RJ Mantra said, “Delhi Belly is a very clever album that lends a contemporary take to familiar Indian sounds. Couple of months ago we had Delhi Belly’s music director Ram Sampath with us in the studios. He even composed a short intro for our Mumbai Local show, which was loved by our audience. Bedardi Raja is possibly my favourite track out of the entire album. We all know that Sona is a fabulous singer, her repertoire of songs is a testament to her talent, but with Bedardi Raja she has scaled new heights.”

Red FM 93.5 Network has been closely associated with the movie ‘Delhi Belly’ and had earlier premiered the song ‘Nakkad Wale Disco’ on its 18 stations across the country.

http://www.radioandmusic.com/content/editorial/news/red-fm-promotes-sona-mohapatras-single-bedardi-raja

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock