Seeking Help Railwire Broadband - New connection

Jithin91

Contributor
Reaction score
After a lot of confusion, finally decided to take Railtel Broadband.
Was confused b/w BSNL 499 and Railwire plans..

Continously checking at telephone exchange for past 2 weeks and unfortunately even for applying the connection it was not opened. Dont know how they will give support after connection. So decided to go with Railwire.

Planning to Take 499 @10Mbps till 1TB or 449 @10Mbps till 300GB
Have contacted the Technician, said he will come tomorrow. He is asking Rs.5000 as Installation charge including Modem.
@Bapun Raz bro i remember you were using railtel. How's the connection and overall. What was the installation charge.?

@Bapun Raz bro i remember you were using railtel. How's the connection and overall.
Bro, I am still using Railwire. The connection stability is good overall. Last mile connection is provided by LCO and your connectivity depends mostly on that. If he is can't manage to keep his devices online while power failures and such, your connection will be unstable. In my case even days of power cuts during cyclone, no internet cut.

Only regret is even useful sites are banned by Railtel so i face lots of inconvenience and end up using mobile data to open them.
What was the installation charge.?
When i had taken the connection, installation charges were Rs.1500 and 1000 was refundable deposit. Now they provide WiFi Gepon (optical fiber router) and increased the charges.

Feel free to ask if any more doubts.

Bro, I am still using Railwire. The connection stability is good overall. Last mile connection is provided by LCO and your connectivity depends mostly on that. If he is can't manage to keep his devices online while power failures and such, your connection will be unstable. In my case even days of power cuts during cyclone, no internet cut.

Only regret is even useful sites are banned by Railtel so i face lots of inconvenience and end up using mobile data to open them.

When i had taken the connection, installation charges were Rs.1500 and 1000 was refundable deposit. Now they provide WiFi Gepon (optical fiber router) and increased the charges.

Feel free to ask if any more doubts.
Don't know what type of Modem he is going to give. But he told over all i will be charged 5000.
So you were using RJ45 from ONT to router and this Gepon doesnt need that conversion right..?

Also how to change the plans, can it be done through online. Railwire is frequently changing plans here in Kerala. Each month they are changing. Do we need to get in contact with LCO for this plan change.?

Don't know what type of Modem he is going to give. But he told over all i will be charged 5000.
Sounds very costly to me. But years passed, so prices might have been raised. You can call customer care and confirm once. But i believe installation charges decided by LCO.
So you were using RJ45 from ONT to router and this Gepon doesnt need that conversion right..?
Yes. I am using TP Link router. Gepon cable is connected to it and PC and other devices connected through router.

My LCO last year offered me WiFi Gepon upgrade for free as i am his one of the very first customers but i didn't took as i have a Gigabit router which does the same job. But i may do it sometime this year.
Also how to change the plans, can it be done through online. Railwire is frequently changing plans here in Kerala. Each month they are changing. Do we need to get in contact with LCO for this plan change.?
Plan change is not possible through selfcare portal. You need to call/WhatsApp LCO for that. It is a major drawback. They even introduced online recharge last year only.

Bro for 100mbps plan they give single band or dual band router (railwire)
To get 100 Mbps speed, you will likely have to use a dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) wifi router. Single-band routers are good until 50 Mbps according to my experience.

To get 100 Mbps speed, you will likely have to use a dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) wifi router. Single-band routers are good until 50 Mbps according to my experience.
Well I am using single band G/EPON and having 70 Mbps unlimited plan... I am getting about 56-57 Mbps in mobile and full speed in FTS 4K ,MiBox 4K in wifi..Recently changed the AP band from 20 MHz to 40MHz but no visible changes..
Yes to get 100 Mbps in wifi we may need dual band ..

Including installation? I heard now installation + modem/router/GEPON costs around 7-8k.
I think price depends on how much long the cable used to....My ISP providing free Router to use in big towns...My LCO is charging Rs 10/- per meter and rs 3000/- for GPON...Mine is in rural area..
In town prices r low compared to rural..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock