Post your Mobile Internet Speed Results

• Thread starter Thread starter ssparikshya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,895
  • Views Views: Views 255,126
Sri2702 said:
See this. This is Vicky bro's screenshot. It says 8 MB/s.

it means 8 mbps only as speedtest.net shows like this only :k

if its really then it should show 8 mbit/s download speed on idm :lol

Rushil.D said:
it means 8 mbps only as speedtest.net shows like this only :k

if its really then it should show 8 mbit/s download speed on idm :lol
No. Speedtest shows MB/s (in Vicky bro's screenshot) and mbps (Sadiq bro's screenshot).

As for IDM, yes we have to ask him. Again, it would say 8 MB/s not 8 mbit/s.

To explain in detail:

MB/s means "Megabytes per second".
Mbps means " megabits per second".

Speedtest shows it in two types: MB/s or mbps depending upon settings. If it shows mbps, then you have to divide by 8 to get the actual speed in Megabytes. This is the actual speed shown in IDM, UC Browser, torrents, etc.

So, 8mbps = 1 MB/s. Or to simplify, it would take 1 second to download a 1 MB file with a 8 mbps or 1 MB/s speed.

Hence, to compare Sadiq bro and Vicky bro's speeds, let's get them to same type. Vicky bro's is in MB/s whereas Sadiq bro's is in mbps. Let's convert both of them to MB/s.

Vicky bro = 8 MB/s. Screenshot posted above.
Sadiq Bro = 40 Mbps = 5 MB/s.

I just checked Wikipedia. And I admit I'm wrong about Vicky bro's speed. Its says 8 Mb/s with a small "b", which means 8 mbps, 8 megabits. If it was a capital " B", like 8 MB/s, then it would mean 8 megabytes.

Sorry guys.

But, I am right about Sadiq bro's. It says 40 Mbps which means 5 MB/s.

Oh please.... Mbps and Mb/s are one and the same and speedtest always shows you the browsing speed of your ISP not the download speed.. and the browsing speed is always measured in Mbps and Mb/s... only the download speed will be calculated as MB/s or MBps and that is =Mbps/8... so if you are on a 8Mbps speed internet connection, you can (theoritically) download 1MB in 1 second..:k:k:k

Sri2702 said:
Check Vicky bro's screenshot. It says 8MB/s. It converts to 64 mbps, right?

no bro,it's not convert :shy,but sometimes if i download 100mb in idm & it's download time less than 1 minutes;)

mmadhankumar said:
Oh please.... Mbps and Mb/s are one and the same and speedtest always shows you the browsing speed of your ISP not the download speed.. and the browsing speed is always measured in Mbps and Mb/s... only the download speed will be calculated as MB/s or MBps and that is =Mbps/8... so if you are on a 8Mbps speed internet connection, you can (theoritically) download 1MB in 1 second..:k:k:k

Yeah, I realized that, if you see my previous post above.

In simple words their are just MegaBits and MegaBytes and same applies in Giga too has Gigabits and Gigabytes. Has normally 8 bits equals to 1 byte of speed for example if you are getting a internet speed of 8 Mbps (small b means bits) then you can download a file in max at the speed 1 MBPS speed ( capital B means Bytes ) more over with 10 mpbs you get speed of 1.25 MBps and for 16 Mbps you can download a file at the speed of 2 MBps. Commonly this confusion is created by ISP providers to make customers thing they are actually getting a faster speed instead in reality they are getting 75% slower speed just bcuz they can't understand the difference between bits and byte's. Has for technology geeks who are experts in technology they will on the spot know the real speed by calculating it from bits to bytes but for normal people the ISP providers can make them fool preety easily bcuz they don't have any knowledge of technology and internet speeds ;)

:ohya:ohya:luv:luv Latest speed test of my Vodafone 3G :luv:luv:ohya:ohya

Screenshot_2015_09_24_12_22_07_415.jpg

mmadhankumar said:
:ohya:ohya:luv:luv Latest speed test of my Vodafone 3G :luv:luv:ohya:ohya
Upload speed is way too lower than the download. That could potentially impact the browsing speed. Vodafone should work on it.

Back
Top Bottom