PM wants to know the reason for slow internet speed in India

• Thread starter Thread starter mmadhankumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 17
  • Views Views: Views 1,919
sas123 said:
In 100 mbps speed we can download a full HD movie by idm in 10 minutes.:shy

You cannot, like I said servers do not support more than 30 Mbps download speed. Plus torrents speed is dependent on quality of peers.

i am paying 680 rs for mtnl internet. i hardly get 200kbps speed. and my plan is 2mbps. so i would say 10 mbps would be good to start with.

sas123 said:
Government should make the law mandatory that every ISP should provide minimum speed of 30 Mbps. The usage should be unlimited and tariff should not be more than 1000 rs/month. :wall
Look at Google fiber. They are providing 1 Gbps of speed at the cost of 70$(approx 4328 Rs./month)

There was a contest, what will you do with 1 Gbps speed Can you answer :lol . Plus even US cannot provide 25 Mbps to everyone, Google fiber is available only in 3-4 cities. In India we have only 5% broadband penetration. So no revenues basically to invest in high speed internet. In top 10 cities of India you can get 50 Mbps connection btw.

abcdefgh said:
i am paying 680 rs for mtnl internet. i hardly get 200kbps speed. and my plan is 2mbps. so i would say 10 mbps would be good to start with.

I have a 4 Mbps connection from BSNL. I get a download speed of 1.6 Mbps but on torrents I get 200-225 kbps. BSNL MTNL throttles the speed on torrent downloads.

sagar.patnaik said:
I have a 4 Mbps connection from BSNL. I get a download speed of 1.6 Mbps but on torrents I get 200-225 kbps. BSNL MTNL throttles the speed on torrent downloads.

Not like that .. If u HV 4 Mbps means ÷8 that means

4096 kbps ÷ 8 = 512 kbps download speed u will get;)

prakash_Tv said:
Not like that .. If u HV 4 Mbps means ÷8 that means

4096 kbps ÷ 8 = 512 kbps download speed u will get;)

No, its not like that. Speed depends on various factors. One of my friend who is having a 50 Mbps connection in hyderabad gets 35 Mbps download speed and one of my friend in Gurgaon has 2 Mbps connection and gets 1.8 Mbps some time :)

sagar.patnaik said:
No, its not like that. Speed depends on various factors. One of my friend who is having a 50 Mbps connection in hyderabad gets 35 Mbps download speed and one of my friend in Gurgaon has 2 Mbps connection and gets 1.8 Mbps some time :)

How u checking download speed with file download or speed test website ??

Back
Top Bottom