Planning for a new Jio Fiber connection (postpaid)

Kiran Reddy

Contributor
Reaction score
I am planning for new Jio Fiber connection(postpaid), considering 999 plan and would also like to take STB offered.
Would pay for 3 months in advance if installation is free and STB is provided without any deposit.

Can people already using it provide any suggestions or things to consider.

I need it for wfh, reliability and consistent speeds are needed. I checked Airtel Xtreme as well but I observed free Jio STB is advantage in Jio, speed difference does not matter for me as long as it is above 100mbps.

I am currently using ACT Fiber connection, it is very reliable and has consistent speeds. But free OTT's on Jio are reason for change.

Last edited:
Looks like Airtel Xtreme is also not available at my location😭
NSHMS61.jpg
It's unfortunate that both the connections weren't feasible in your area.

One caveat to consider before going for Airtel XStream Fiber:

Their 4K XStream STB for OTT Apps will work ONLY if you ALSO have an active Airtel DTH connection. Even if you have individual subscriptions for apps, you won't be able to access them unless you pay for their DTH.

This was their operating model when they launched their OTT STB. I am not aware if that is still the case. Any XStream STB users in the forum could probably confirm if it is still the case.

I got the following from their Terms & Conditions page for Xstream Fiber.

5. Airtel Xstream 4k OTT STB will be made available to the customer at a refundable Security deposit of Rs. 1500. Along with the box, first month recharge will be provided by the customer. Post the first month usage, customer will have to regularly recharge the STB to keep the STB connection active. The Security deposit is refundable only if the customer completes minimum 10 recharges above a value of Rs. 360 else forfeited.

https://www.airtel.in/terms-conditions/airtel-xstream-fiber

It's unfortunate that both the connections weren't feasible in your area.

One caveat to consider before going for Airtel XStream Fiber:

Their 4K XStream STB for OTT Apps will work ONLY if you ALSO have an active Airtel DTH connection. Even if you have individual subscriptions for apps, you won't be able to access them unless you pay for their DTH.

This was their operating model when they launched their OTT STB. I am not aware if that is still the case. Any XStream STB users in the forum could probably confirm if it is still the case.

I got the following from their Terms & Conditions page for Xstream Fiber.

5. Airtel Xstream 4k OTT STB will be made available to the customer at a refundable Security deposit of Rs. 1500. Along with the box, first month recharge will be provided by the customer. Post the first month usage, customer will have to regularly recharge the STB to keep the STB connection active. The Security deposit is refundable only if the customer completes minimum 10 recharges above a value of Rs. 360 else forfeited.

airtel-xstream-fiber
Ya I heard about it, hence I tried Jio Fiber first.

Actually I have one Airtel DTH connection used by my grandparents with my number, I thought may be I can have that linked to fiber connection and skip having to take new DTH (they might have insisted to upgrade box to xtreme anyways) connection. I anyways recharge that DTH every month so thought atleast I can use OTT apps on my smart TV.

does anyone recently boked/order or installed jiofiber.

have you taken 599/899 plan

what about cashback voucher from reliancedigidal, ixigo, myntra?
any condition applied for using such vouchers?

did u got STB at zero cost?
share experience, offer seems to ending on 9th Oct.
but hope that jio extend it till month end.
pPBUviV.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock