Planning for a new Jio Fiber connection (postpaid)

Kiran Reddy

Contributor
Reaction score
I am planning for new Jio Fiber connection(postpaid), considering 999 plan and would also like to take STB offered.
Would pay for 3 months in advance if installation is free and STB is provided without any deposit.

Can people already using it provide any suggestions or things to consider.

I need it for wfh, reliability and consistent speeds are needed. I checked Airtel Xtreme as well but I observed free Jio STB is advantage in Jio, speed difference does not matter for me as long as it is above 100mbps.

I am currently using ACT Fiber connection, it is very reliable and has consistent speeds. But free OTT's on Jio are reason for change.

Last edited:
I know you have ordered. One of the drawbacks i would say is Telegram is blocked. I don't know why they've blocked. The battery backup on ACT is very good incase someone does not have inverter.

Additionally, if you take any other broadband, you can pay the amount via Amazon or Mobikwik or other apps to get discounts. Especially Airtel, you can get Airtel axis credit card and get 25% discount.
I have just applied for connection, did not get call back yet and did not pay money. I can cancel without any loss if needed.

Regarding payment offers, from past few months I am not seeing any good offers for ACT payment. I could only avail payzapp 5%(max.30) offer, I am not seeing any offers on Amazon(atleast on my account) and I don't have axis card :(

Regarding power backup, I have router UPS which gives me 3-4 hours backup and usually we do not have power cuts for more than few minutes once in a while.

I know you have ordered. One of the drawbacks i would say is Telegram is blocked. I don't know why they've blocked. The battery backup on ACT is very good incase someone does not have inverter.

Additionally, if you take any other broadband, you can pay the amount via Amazon or Mobikwik or other apps to get discounts. Especially Airtel, you can get Airtel axis credit card and get 25% discount.
Telegram works for me on jiofiber, never had any issues.

The only caveat i found is that the jiofiber postpaid is actually an advance rental plan and the bill we receive is actually the next month's advance, so any plan change or any vouchers activated will be adjusted in next billing cycle. Their billing system is so confusing for a new person. Secondly, pings for me on jio are higher in comparison to my local isp.

Regarding the reliability jiofiber is really top notch. No issues during long cuts and rains. Setup cost is actually free and that jio stb is really nice for general usage, my parents have found it easier to shift.

Jio representative came today morning, took details, completed KYC and sent me payment link. I paid amount and he left saying it will be installed in 2 hours.

Suddenly got sms that order is cancelled. I called back person who came for KYC. He said something is wrong and said will update shortly. I waited for an hour and called him back, he said power of connection is low at my area and connection is not feasible.

I asked him multiple times to check feasibility before taking details and payment, he was confident and said it's his responsibility to get me connection. He now says wait for one month and gave me free advice to continue using ACT Fiber😡

u6nwYVW.jpg

After an hour I got my amount refunded back. But I am disappointed with them, they wasted my time and did not care to check things before proceeding.
8bOUHpR.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me what does this mean?
I also did not understand what it meant exactly, I was just told this without any further details.

Btw I just applied for Airtel Xtreme connection using My Airtel App , will see if they call back and provide me details. I am not sure if this connection is feasible, will just give a try and see.

Can someone explain to me what does this mean?
Generally, they mean if the master in concerning area has enough bandwidth to support the connection or not. Idk about Jio, but BSNL LCO's generally check the feasibility and make sure its around 20 points Atleast at my area.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock