Planning for a new Jio Fiber connection (postpaid)

Kiran Reddy

Contributor
Reaction score
I am planning for new Jio Fiber connection(postpaid), considering 999 plan and would also like to take STB offered.
Would pay for 3 months in advance if installation is free and STB is provided without any deposit.

Can people already using it provide any suggestions or things to consider.

I need it for wfh, reliability and consistent speeds are needed. I checked Airtel Xtreme as well but I observed free Jio STB is advantage in Jio, speed difference does not matter for me as long as it is above 100mbps.

I am currently using ACT Fiber connection, it is very reliable and has consistent speeds. But free OTT's on Jio are reason for change.

Last edited:
I am planning for new Jio Fiber connection(postpaid), considering 999 plan and would also like to take STB offered.
Would pay for 3 months in advance if installation is free and STB is provided without any deposit.

I need it for wfh, reliability and consistent speeds are needed. I checked Airtel Xtreme as well but I observed free Jio STB is advantage in Jio, speed difference does not matter for me as long as it is above 100mbps.

I am currently using ACT Fiber connection, it is very reliable and has consistent speeds. But free OTT's on Jio are reason for change.
Feel free to ask me any question. I am using fiber postpaid.

Feel free to ask me any question. I am using fiber postpaid.
Is it reliable or should expect downtime sometimes? So far my ACT Fiber connection has been stable, had no down time in last 6 months even in heavy rains.

Does Jio connection work during power outage, ACT Fiber main box has some battery which provides backup for few hours. Does Jio also have something like that?

Usually how does Jio executives collect initial amount for connection? Just checking if it is safe to pay for connection in cash if they ask for.

Is it reliable or should expect downtime sometimes? So far my ACT Fiber connection has been stable, had no down time in last 6 months even in heavy rains.

Does Jio connection work during power outage, ACT Fiber main box has some battery which provides backup for few hours. Does Jio also have something like that?

Usually how does Jio executives collect initial amount for connection? Just checking if it is safe to pay for connection in cash if they ask for.
You have to pay online after generating your I'd. Installation is also hassle free within a day. Speed is also good as promised
Jio stb is free if you have to subscribe to any pack starting @100.
You may refer to jio website for free offer.it is either 3 or 6 months
Sometimes it totally goes off 2-3 hr. So check in your area before taking connection.

I have taken JioFiber on February month and so far only one known downtime, that too for around 1 hour or so. When it comes to reliability w.r.t. downtimes, JioFiber is top notch. Even heavy rains doesn't affect the connection as per my experience.

Yes, they have deployed power backup solutions and here I regularly connect JioFiber using inverter power when there is a power outage.

Once the Jio sales person does KYC, you'll receive an unique payment link where you can pay for your connection initial security deposit. Once that is done, they'll schedule installation time and day as per availability and your preference.

Note: JioFiber connection payments are only taken through online medium. Once successfully paid, you'll receive e-invoice on your registered mobile number & email id.

Using Jio Fiber since December 2020, only one downtime of 1 hour till now that too because one of their tower got affected due to a lightning strike.

Is it reliable or should expect downtime sometimes?
100% reliable. Using since last 5 month. No downtime even for 1 Sec till now.
Does Jio connection work during power outage,
In my area, I have seen jio working well during heavy rain fall.
Usually how does Jio executives collect initial amount for connection?
They will come to your place for KYC and will generate ID. You have to pay them initial amount. They will install at your convenient time. They will give complimentary stb to all postpaid connection.

Also consider this point, once you opted for OTT pack (999) you can't go to the pack which doesn't have OTT subscription(399 or 799). I faced few problems for the month like some downtimes, packtloss issues, but it was resolved now. If possible check within the area you live that would give the some better analysis for connection stability,

Placed request for new connection from Myjio app, hoping will get call back in the morning today :)

nh7n9ui.jpg

I know you have ordered. One of the drawbacks i would say is Telegram is blocked. I don't know why they've blocked. The battery backup on ACT is very good incase someone does not have inverter.

Additionally, if you take any other broadband, you can pay the amount via Amazon or Mobikwik or other apps to get discounts. Especially Airtel, you can get Airtel axis credit card and get 25% discount.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock