Sad News PhonePe starts charging for phone recharges above Rs 50

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 48
  • Views Views: Views 3,830
Exactly 👍 users will move to other service provider. But As long as carrers provide their official platforms for recharge , we have nothing to worry about anyone's price hike be it 1₹ or 10₹
But cashback playing crucial role here

What Paytm charging on bills ?? I never heard it till now I'm paying EB bill , society maintenance in Paytm only but they didn't charge me anything till now why they charging something wrong

Exactly
Paytm charges convenience fees if you are making payment through credit card ( 19₹ for payment of 1000), no charges for wallet or UPI while phonepe was not charging irrespective of any payment mode.
1cB8T4v.jpg

Last edited:
Paytm started charging for utilities bills like gas and electricity so I moved to phonepe as they were not charging. So now I'm left with no option but use the original service provider's app to make the payment. And yes it was not 1 or 2₹ but 2% of total bill.
I am using paytm mostly...It never charged me for gas or bills....

You all guys are saying phonepay/gpay/FreeCharge/apay get no commission if we recharge . Who told you these things?
There must be an agreement with each of the operators with the above wallets before providing the service. They must have been getting commission as the dealers or more than that.

They have started charging because FDI stopped/decreased in these wallets in recent years which makes almost necessary to charge the customers.

Paytm charges convenience fees if you are making payment through credit card ( 19₹ for payment of 1000), no charges for wallet or UPI while phonepe was not charging irrespective of any payment mode.
1cB8T4v.jpg
Yeah for CC payment they charging convenience fee

You all guys are saying phonepay/gpay/FreeCharge/apay get no commission if we recharge . Who told you these things?
There must be an agreement with each of the operators
with the above wallets before providing the service. They must have been getting commission as the dealers or more than that
Can you prove it ?? I worked in 3 telecom venture and know about the loss of the appropriate telecom of their application due to 3rd party app recharges & cb offers so telecom also no way to give cb in their application ex) recently jio 20% cb to survive their application

Will you dump ur own app & retailer outlets to make agreement with 3rd party apps ?? Come on

Back
Top Bottom