[PC] How to get rid of Hotstar logo in fullscreen mode

Do you find a logo annoying while in fullscreen mode?

• Total voters
Reaction score
While watching something on Hotstar in full-screen mode, I have always found it annoying to see the Hotstar logo at the upper right corner of the screen.
Even though its somewhat transparent I believe there are other people who also find its annoying, just like I do.

Untitled.png

I googled but there's no post about how to get rid of it, so I will share how to do it.

It's fairly easy to do it.
While on hotstar.com on Mozilla Firefox just right click on the webpage and select "View Page info" and then go to "Media" and look for this line
"https://secure-media.hotstar.com/logo/default/PCTV/fullscreen_logo.png"
Select it and check block images...

Update:

Mozilla has recently disabled this image blocking options from view page info option. Change logs states it is not an important feature. :rolleyes:
However, this feature is still available on latest Mozilla Firefox ESR 68. So, install Firefox ESR to disable the annoying full screen logo.

This will block the logo after a simple reload of the page and from then onward.

Untitled2.png

On Google Chrome this can also be achieved via developer tools/inspect option and look for above mentioned URL and block it, but I dont know how to save this setting.

Last edited:
The Hotstar logo is not one tenth as disturbing as the annoying Sony logo in Sony Liv videos and the constant promo banners of other shows of the network that will keep popping up just like Live TV. At least Star and Zee keep the online stream free of their opaque channel logos and promo banners displayed in live Tv.

Everyone likes to watch programs without any logo or images. But most of all streaming apps uses their logo in screen. I don't think hotstar logo is such a disturbance. Its affordable to watch for me.

While watching something on Hotstar in full-screen mode, I have always found it annoying to see the Hotstar logo at the upper right corner of the screen.
Even though its somewhat transparent I believe there are other people who also find its annoying, just like I do.

Untitled.png

I googled but there's no post about how to get rid of it, so I will share how to do it.

It's fairly easy to do it.
While on hotstar.com on Mozilla Firefox just right click on the webpage and select "View Page info" and then go to "Media" and look for this line
"https://secure-media.hotstar.com/logo/default/PCTV/fullscreen_logo.png"
Select it and check block images...

Update:

Mozilla has recently disabled this image blocking options from view page info option. Change logs states it is not an important feature. :rolleyes:
However, this feature is still available on latest Mozilla Firefox ESR 68. So, install Firefox ESR to disable the annoying full screen logo.

This will block the logo after a simple reload of the page and from then onward.

Untitled2.png

On Google Chrome this can also be achieved via developer tools/inspect option and look for above mentioned URL and block it, but I dont know how to save this setting.

For google chrome, right click and go to inspect, then search for <div class="watermark-content hs-watermark">…</div> and hide it.

OYZbYOm.png

That's it! The logo will be gone.

egYB8SX.png

I think you can use fiddler to block it permanently. But I guess fiddler needs to be started.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock