Seeking Help How to get rid of Ketto ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endgame

Reaction score
Hi friends,
Since long I’m getting the Ketto advertisements everywhere. Even while browsing OTF, these ads are showing 2-3 times in a single page!
Please help me to get rid of these ads from all my devices.
Thanks

Oh god!! I thought I was alone getting those repeatative ads. They are being served by Google so will be almost everywhere you visit online. I was so irritated with it. Go to this page Account settings: Your browser is not supported. and manage your ad preferences there, remove everything that makes Google think you are suitable for such ads.

I have a raspberry Pi, and am using pihole on it. It can be used to block any ads on any website...

Since long I’m getting the Ketto advertisements everywhere. Even while browsing OTF, these ads are showing 2-3 times in a single page!

Looks like you are a victim of targeted advertising. This usually happens if you have searched/visited ketto website often, or donated/shared one of their campaigns. It is also based on your watch history on YouTube, Facebook and other social sites. The ads which you skip and the ones you fully watch, all matters.

If you have consented to any user experience program, opt out of them. Clear your browser cache, cookies, site settings completely. Clear the temp folders on your computer. If they are served thru Google ads, you can report not to show such ads. Clear/reset ad preferences from Google settings as said by @Abhinav842 bro.

Also ketto earlier had a Google form to opt out of their targeted ads. It has been recently taken down for some reason. You can try to contact the support team of ketto to mark you out of their targeted ads. Although there's no guarantee they would do that, you can give it a go. These are some basic steps to try to avoid those ads.

Ofcourse the simplest and easier way is to install a adblocker. But, as @dud3rulz bro said don't hurt your favourite sites. We are also serving ads, because of which we could run this site on a powerful and expensive server for a smooth experience for members. Having said that, it's not within the rules as mentioned in our rules page to discuss about ad blocking as it would be like digging own grave. So I am closing this thread, as you have already got your answers. Thank you.

I am distrubed and disgusted in what I am seeing. Specially when I wake up to gory things. I pretend to believe world is nice and beautiful. I don't see. For the time being. I have decided to stay off any sites with ads. Can't bear this sh#t. I am a nice person I syphastise with patients. I am a millenium. We have heard of gold. I hope some good person and charities will take care of them. These organisations like Ketto are pushing people are away from charities.

Always seeing this starting of the day. Seriously, these are giving me headaches. Now it is unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock