Breaking Paramount Plus content to be available in Voot

• Thread starter Aksgr
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 3,477

Aksgr

Reaction score
fBp51zL.jpg

With the launch of paramount plus in US , Canada and Latin America . ViacomCBS is planning for launch of its most anticipated streaming service in international market.
And Australia and UK seeing launch in mid 2021. Viacomcbs international distribution has said they are eager for availing the content in India.
ViacomCBS coowned streaming service voot and vootselect have seen enormous growth where voot standing as no.2 most engaged platform in India and voot select having more than a million monthly subscription.

There are currently two deals in front
1. To merge paramount plus with voot and carry out same strategy as Disney+hotstar

2. To rollout paramount plus as separate service
However getting success with less local content is a hit hard so merge of 2 services to form a mega content house is most likely to happen.

Speaking about the strategy voot select head said they will get clear picture within a few months and their team is ready with everything to go big and seeing paramount plus launch in India within end of 3rd quarter in india.

source : Paramount Plus Content Finds Home on India’s Voot Select (EXCLUSIVE)

Buddy! Don't post such misleading things with some stories which doesn't say that.

That guy Ferzad Palia clearly said, there are no talks on how they wanna proceed in India with Paramount+ and he said clearly it will take 3-6months just to come to that point. So, no way it's coming to India in 3 months. As I said please don't post misleading things here. Also while posting some stories and articles pls do follow Forum rules on how to do that as well.

Last edited:
Hey...! I'm back again.

To keep things concise this once: I dunno how many mods are influenced by the very stereotypical "forumite" traits of [dis]believing everything they listen/read/watch, but in my verifiable life-experience, I've to come to understand that..

...In the US-dominated international media landscape, the "finance", "tech" & "showbiz" beats( nevermind "dEFeNSe") are highly-unreliable, to say the least. In that, they hardly satisfy any of the core-ideals of [old-school ]Journalism, in practice.

Having prefaced that: It's no-brainer that virtually all of Paramount+®'( the Stateside edition)'s self-owned "Originals" and more, are available on voot® select™. No need to fuss over what should be very easily verifiable through the original-research.( 'Course, for those who actually do understand how the international audiovisual [non-theatrical ]content-distribution business works, not the hobbyists à la stereotypical "YouTube® comments[-section]".) And this has been the case when like discovery+®, the originally-overseas product of ViacomCBS® was still tradenamed CBS® All Access™. If "mods" or somebody else ambitiously vies to be [English-language ]Wikipedia®, then all I can disclose is that: Go look for a story which originally reports that voot® select™ didn't censure an episode of American political-drama which following the trend of virtually every other homegrown & multinational media-&-entertainment behemoths, amazon® prime video™ India already had but as was the case since the "Sanskārī bābujī Amazon" mEMe times, they blacked-it-out( read blocked it) wholesale.( Trivia: That show also used to air on linear Indian Television through Sony® Pictures Networks' now-defunct AXN® India, but as a non-viewer of that network, I can't confirm anything beyond my 101% confident observation that they did run the promo of that show which included excerpts of that episode, especially since it included so many real-life US political-figures in a single-frame. However, I also know better to understand that the promos for such shows are generally produced by the distributors themselves and hence, those sastē trailers are left generally untouched by Indian "English GEC" channels as their S&Ps( read "censors") make razor-fast decisions whether to leave the moments highlighted in the trailer intact whole for beaming the episode/fillers or, just cut through it, or in the relevant case here: Either skip the whole episode or thrust so many cuts, that it's aptly left 'beyond recognition'.) However, given the subject-matter of that episode, important-trivia is to not pile on amazon® India since even the term “virtually” is generous overstatement, as even NETFLIX® India has engaged in censorship for that "sensitive" area, at least for 3rd-party/licensed title. And this is noteworthy, because out of all SVOD( type of so-called "OTT") services, they've miraculously been hands-down the boldest in not budging to the legal to violent threats from that culture-wars driven zeitgeist.

Hey...! I'm back again.

To keep things concise this once: I dunno how many mods are influenced by the very stereotypical "forumite" traits of [dis]believing everything they listen/read/watch, but in my verifiable life-experience, I've to come to understand that..

...In the US-dominated international media landscape, the "finance", "tech" & "showbiz" beats( nevermind "dEFeNSe") are highly-unreliable, to say the least. In that, they hardly satisfy any of the core-ideals of [old-school ]Journalism, in practice.

Having prefaced that: It's no-brainer that virtually all of Paramount+®'( the Stateside edition)'s self-owned "Originals" and more, are available on voot® select™. No need to fuss over what should be very easily verifiable through the original-research.( 'Course, for those who actually do understand how the international audiovisual [non-theatrical ]content-distribution business works, not the hobbyists à la stereotypical "YouTube® comments[-section]".) And this has been the case when like discovery+®, the originally-overseas product of ViacomCBS® was still tradenamed CBS® All Access™. If "mods" or somebody else ambitiously vies to be [English-language ]Wikipedia®, then all I can disclose is that: Go look for a story which originally reports that voot® select™ didn't censure an episode of American political-drama which following the trend of virtually every other homegrown & multinational media-&-entertainment behemoths, amazon® prime video™ India already had but as was the case since the "Sanskārī bābujī Amazon" mEMe times, they blacked-it-out( read blocked it) wholesale.( Trivia: That show also used to air on linear Indian Television through Sony® Pictures Networks' now-defunct AXN® India, but as a non-viewer of that network, I can't confirm anything beyond my 101% confident observation that they did run the promo of that show which included excerpts of that episode, especially since it included so many real-life US political-figures in a single-frame. However, I also know better to understand that the promos for such shows are generally produced by the distributors themselves and hence, those sastē trailers are left generally untouched by Indian "English GEC" channels as their S&Ps( read "censors") make razor-fast decisions whether to leave the moments highlighted in the trailer intact whole for beaming the episode/fillers or, just cut through it, or in the relevant case here: Either skip the whole episode or thrust so many cuts, that it's aptly left 'beyond recognition'.) However, given the subject-matter of that episode, important-trivia is to not pile on amazon® India since even the term “virtually” is generous overstatement, as even NETFLIX® India has engaged in censorship for that "sensitive" area, at least for 3rd-party/licensed title. And this is noteworthy, because out of all SVOD( type of so-called "OTT") services, they've miraculously been hands-down the boldest in not budging to the legal to violent threats from that culture-wars driven zeitgeist.
Can you please make your posts a bit more understandable for the forum users? They are poorly formatted to say the least, and are extremely difficult to read and understand. As it stands, even those with a good level of English understanding struggle to read your posts. I have no shame in admitting that I didn't understand what exactly you wanted to convey in your post here! You are spending time to write these, so why not make them reach more members?

Can you please make your posts a bit more understandable for the forum users? They are poorly formatted to say the least, and are extremely difficult to read and understand. As it stands, even those with a good level of English understanding struggle to read your posts. I have no shame in admitting that I didn't understand what exactly you wanted to convey in your post here! You are spending time to write these, so why not make them reach more members?
Alright..

If spelling-out pro bono is problematic/not-good-enough, quite predictably..

...In spite of my efforts to highlight the key-parts in myriad of ways — then as a non-habitual forumite, the only courtesy I can extend further without getting into matters like litigating the statements of English-language literacy:
Is to finger-hold you to most-important part of my original-comment, albeit that would unquestionably impart half-baked/insufficient context.

Look for the brief-sentence with “no-brainer” in it. You can at least look for it, no?

Hey...! I'm back again.

What's the point behind this whole post? Why dd you brought the issue of censorship to it? And please don't use those bold letters. It is hard reading those letters.

Alright..

If spelling-out pro bono is problematic/not-good-enough, quite predictably..

...In spite of my efforts to highlight the key-parts in myriad of ways — then as a non-habitual forumite, the only courtesy I can extend further without getting into matters like litigating the statements of English-language literacy:
Is to finger-hold you to most-important part of my original-comment, albeit that would unquestionably impart half-baked/insufficient context.

Look for the brief-sentence with “no-brainer” in it. You can at least look for it, no?
Thank You! You finger held the entire forum with this. I wish it was easier to spot it. But yeah, with that formatting, it's like a needle in a haystack.

What's the point behind this whole post? Why dd you brought the issue of censorship to it? And please don't use those bold letters. It is hard reading those letters.
I can see that the preface serves as a brief-context to the same.
Anything else I may help?

Thank You! You finger held the entire forum with this. I wish it was easier to spot it. But yeah, with that formatting, it's like a needle in a haystack.
As it's said: Better Late Than Never.
Thanks for acknowledging my part graciously, though.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock