OTF Exclusive Pan India 2023 Spectrum holding chart

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 191
  • Views: Views 45,170
whether Airtel will pay back that 5MHz to Jio (after buying 900MHz there)
Airtel can't sell it to Jio for another 1 year but yes they can sign a spectrum sharing pact now that it has been a year since they bought it. Next year even trading will become possible.

Once Airtel bought just 4.2MHz & 4.6MHz of Band 8 (900MHz) spectrum for Gujarat & Kerala respectively, from last year auction, I thought WHY?? But now 3MHz & 1.6MHz is available in Gujarat and Kerala respectively now. Man, these big Corporates know, what they are doing.

Last time, Jio sacrificed (??) their 5MHz of Band 5 (850MHz) to Airtel in UP(W) circle (may be that was the deal, who knows). Since more than 5MHz of Band 8 is available in UP(W) now, whether Airtel will pay back that 5MHz to Jio (after buying 900MHz there) like in Mumbai / Delhi / AP circles in last time. May be the FINAL fresh availability of 850MHz spectrum will clear things more.
spectrum brought 2021 cant be traded for 3 years , jio can only share up w spectrum.
this article makes very clear that

no one is interested to buy spectrum from UVARCL, final bidder of rcom and aircel spectrum
nor dot ready to forgive spectrum and agr dues for these two telco

no one is interested to buy spectrum from UVARCL, final bidder of rcom and aircel spectrum
nor dot ready to forgive spectrum and agr dues for these two telco
Yes. Jio can get 10MHz of Band 5 spectrum for UP(W), Assam, NE, JK even without any help from RCom / UVARCL now, if 2 carriers (2.5MHz) are allotted in each circle. Bad news for UVARCL & RCom + Aircel Lenders.

if 2 carriers (2.5MHz) are allotted in each circle
Jio has suggested this to DoT but Airtel and Vi are opposing it, saying there will be interference between downlink of 850 MHz and uplink of 900 MHz. Airtel wants a guard band of 1.6 MHz while DoT says they have 1.5 MHz as guard band between the two. Even I'm hoping that TRAI suggests using entire 16 blocks of 1.25 MHz rather than keeping 1 block vacant due to guard band demands.

Jio has suggested this to DoT but Airtel and Vi are opposing it, saying there will be interference between downlink of 850 MHz and uplink of 900 MHz. Airtel wants a guard band of 1.6 MHz while DoT says they have 1.5 MHz as guard band between the two. Even I'm hoping that TRAI suggests using entire 16 blocks of 1.25 MHz rather than keeping 1 block vacant due to guard band demands.
in my opinion airtel won't refuse in those states whwre band 8 ni used by airtel for lte
and vi consideration wont be counted by pseudo cartel of jio+airtel

so we can see 16-21 states/circle will havev16 blocks in 2022 auction.

@Esmail

how does South Africa have 70mhz in 800mhz band?

In South Africa, 800 MHz band ranges from 790 to 862 MHz. I am not sure of what band implementation they use so I cant clarify on the exact blocks. Someone who is well versed with South African spectrum holding will be able to help with that.

Article and Chart updated with the latest spectrum band configurations recommended by TRAI. The actual values may change depending on DoT's final decision and will be updated when the NIA for the 5G auction is released in a month.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock