• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 1,124

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Our RO keeps going bad. So we finally decided to switch for that 20 litres water bottle instead of getting it fixed. We get this at our nearby grocery store. It taste bitter. I have switched brands. All taste same bitter. Is this supposed to taste bitter or some chemical is added?

Our RO keeps going bad. So we finally decided to switch for that 20 litres water bottle instead of getting it fixed. We get this at our nearby grocery store. It taste bitter. I have switched brands. All taste same bitter. Is this supposed to taste bitter or some chemical is added?
same is happening with me.

Our RO was also going bad once in every few months. We used to spend a lot money repairing it every time.

Then we took AMC for two years and now whenever some problem arises, I just log a ticket with the brand and they come and do the repair/parts replacements without any additional charges.

We paid Rs.10,000 upfront for the 2 year AMC, though. But this finally gave us peace of mind. 😄

Our RO was also going bad once in every few months. We used to spend a lot money repairing it every time.

Then we took AMC for two years and now whenever some problem arises, I just log a ticket with the brand and they come and do the repair/parts replacements without any additional charges.

We paid Rs.10,000 upfront for the 2 year AMC, though. But this finally gave us peace of mind. 😄
What is AMC?

Quoting from your thread report reason:

We have high iron in our city's water. Water looks like orange syrup. Every RO goes bad.

Then you probably need to install water softner near your water tank to reduce the water hardness. RO will also last longer by that.

What is AMC?
Annual Maintenance Contract.

I also faced the same issue instead of spending on repairs of RO. I started buying water from our nearby mineral water shop. Just 10rs for refilling 20ltrs water bottle.

All brands water tastes a bit bitter because they use additive chemicals. You will be acquired to the tase after few days

I also faced the same issue instead of spending on repairs of RO. I started buying water from our nearby mineral water shop. Just 10rs for refilling 20ltrs water bottle.

All brands water tastes a bit bitter because they use additive chemicals. You will be acquired to the tase after few days
They charge ₹40 here. You even got to collect yourself.

I recently came across Urban Company RO purifier which has 2 years unconditional warranty with zero maintenance fees, which again can be extended too. Seems a good deal. Personally don’t have high tds water here so uv works absolutely fine. But seeing the AMC being paid here I thought i could suggest this.

Last edited:
I had a RO+UV+UF+TDS water purifer from a reputed brand, but every 6-8 months some part of the unit used to go bad. Be it adapter, IC, Filters, pump or even water leakages inside the system.

After that the cost of repairs + Service visit fee +part replacement charges was just too much to be paid once every 6-8 months. Yes water taste was good no issues in that.

Once over all cost for part replacment was around Rs 9,000/-, and if i pau more 3-5k i would have got a new unit with warranty, but again whats the use of buying if it gets spoiled in 6-8 months.

So we went for a non branded unit costing Rs 5,000/- which does all the work of the branded one. And it has all the features mentioned above. Water taste is same as branded one also.

So instead of paying Rs 5,000 approx for part replacement better to dispose this if it fails and buy again a new one

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock