Online shopping goes bizarre: Customer buys smartphone on Amazon, gets a stone delivered instead

India Post? Seriously? That is even more horrible. The package comes in way too bad condition to customer and they don't have return pickup service i think. Many times parcel remains in India Post office for days and then goes return to seller. There are even more horrifying stories with India Post.

That's what I think Indian Govt. has to work on. If they partner with E-Commerce they should come up with return pickup service as well. They should work for timely delivery. Package condition depends on type of delivery seller chooses. Seller always looks for profit and reduce cost for delivery. That ultimately effects the package condition. Few sellers take money with consent of customer & send packages safely as well.

Coming to undelivered parcels, Most of such cases you hear about India Post is because of staff shortage, age of staff or non payment of salaries. Govt. has to look to partner with E-Commerce firms to generate revenue and Increase jobs in rural India. Because of no proper usage of India Post in present tech savvy society, they are leaving their primary task and are turning out as banks because of their strong presence across India. I appreciate this move to generate income. But in the long run they may close their courier services and only deliver letters of Govt. departments & bank statements to people!

Last edited:
India Post? Seriously? That is even more horrible. The package comes in way too bad condition to customer and they don't have return pickup service i think. Many times parcel remains in India Post office for days and then goes return to seller. There are even more horrifying stories with India Post.

situation is completely different in villages, Amazon guy will call me and ask me to collect my order from their shop which is almost 5 km from my home where as India post deliver product right at my door. And one more thing is that Amazon courier(Gati courier service) takes long time(can take 10-12 days) because the courier guy comes in our village only on Friday whereas India post deliver product much faster(Max 3-4 days) as Post office van comes daily to our village from District head postoffice which is 100 km away

That's what I think Indian Govt. has to work on. If they partner with E-Commerce they should come up with return pickup service as well. They should work for timely delivery. Package condition depends on type of delivery seller chooses. Seller always looks for profit and reduce cost for delivery. That ultimately effects the package condition. Few sellers take money with consent of customer & send packages safely as well.

Coming to undelivered parcels, Most of such cases you hear about India Post is because of staff shortage, age of staff or non payment of salaries. Govt. has to look to partner with E-Commerce firms to generate revenue and Increase jobs in rural India. Because of no proper usage of India Post in present tech savvy society, they are leaving their primary task and are turning out as banks because of their strong presence across India. I appreciate this move to generate income. But in the long run they may close their courier services and only deliver letters of Govt. departments & bank statements to people!

India post is already a partner of Amazon snapdeal from long time, i don't know what tech savy thing you are talking about but post offices now have computers for update tracking status regularly along with other banking activities like deposit and withdrawl

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock