[Official] - Tamil Nadu CM "Dr. J. Jayalalitha" is no more!

Jayalalithaa Laid to Rest Next to MGR With Full State Honours

The funeral procession of late Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has started moving towards Marina Beach from Rajaji Hall where the the last rites will be performed on Tuesday evening.

Amma will be buried next to MG Ramachandran, the late actor-turned-politician who was her mentor and guide.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi, President Pranab Mukherjee, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik were among the VVIPS who paid rich tributes to Amma before her final journey.

The Centre has declared a one-day national mourning with flags on top of all government buildings to fly at half mast as a mark of respect for the deceased leader.

Jaya, who was undergoing treatment at Apollo Hospitals in Chennai, passed away late on Monday after suffering cardiac arrest the previous night.

Amma, as she was fondly called, will be laid to rest next to political mentor MGR's memorial at Marina Beach.

Her trusted aide and senior party leader O Panneerselvam was sworn in as the new Chief Minister. The state will observe a seven-day mourning.

Jayalalithaa was hospitalised on September 22 after she complained of fever and dehydration.

Live: Jayalalithaa Laid to Rest Next to MGR at Chennai's Marina Beach - News18

Someone plz explain me why is she being buried, as being a hindu brahmin, she is supposed to be cremeted, as according to hinduism, the soul doesn't rest in peace, but is freed from the body and goes to heaven before being reborn..

Not trying to offend anybody, just want to know if TN hindus have different beliefs and if yes, what are they....

Tha.RP8 said:
Someone plz explain me why is she being buried, as being a hindu brahmin, she is supposed to be cremeted, as according to hinduism, the soul doesn't rest in peace, but is freed from the body and goes to heaven before being reborn..

Not trying to offend anybody, just want to know if TN hindus have different beliefs and if yes, what are they....

I Also have the same question and I got an answer too.
Reason 1

A senior government secretary gave this explanation and stated that Jayalalithaa wasn’t an Iyengar for them as she was beyond any caste or religious identity. He further added

“Even most of all the Dravidian leaders, including Periyar, Anna Durai and MGR, were all buried and we do not have a precedent of consigning their body to flames even after death. So, we bury them with sandalwood and rose water.”

Reason 2

Dravidian followers believe that the sound of MGR’s watch ticking can still be heard on Marina Beach (Near his memorial). So this could be another reason of her burial at same place where MGR was buried.

Reason 3 (Possibility)

To light the funeral pyre, a blood relative is needed. The only relative left is Deepa Jayakumar, daughter of Jayalalithaa’s late brother. Obviously, Sasikala’s family won’t let Deepa do this, since they fear a potential challenge. But this is just a possibility…

After seeing the reasons, we respect Jayalalithaa all the more! Thinking beyond caste and religion is a great thing, don’t you agree? Do share your views in our comments section below.

Source : RVCJ

If the thinking beyond caste and religion thing was the only reason, I won't agree, as it only happens one sided always(from our side only, never seen any muslim/christian leader crmted by thinking beyond caste and religion!!)

But taking into consideration all the points, I don't want to make any statement, since the people of TN are agreeing, let it be.

But it does sadden me that such a great soul is being forced to "Rest In Peace" instead of attaining Moksh and being reborn....

BTW reason 3 is invalid because in our state, when one of the most iconic woman Dr. Mamoni Raisom Goswami died, it was her daughter who did her last rites...

Chezhiyan said:
Except Jharkhand,Punjab,Haryana,Gujarat,H.P,Uttarkhand,Chattisgarh,Telengana,Sikkim,Goa And Seven Sister States All The Other Chief Ministers Of Respective States Given Obituary Message..

Our CM Mr. Sarbananda Sonowal gave orbitarty message as press release(which ofcourse wasn't covered by national media), 
and also in twitter yesterday night itself:
Sarbananda Sonowal on Twitter: "Deeply saddened by the demise of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa ji. India has lost one of its tallest leaders.May ...
Sarbananda Sonowal on Twitter: "Jayalalithaa ji's immense work for poor, marginalised & women will be forever regarded as a great exam... 

Moreover, his right hand, Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma(currently finance, planning and development, health and family welfare, and education minister of Assam) tweeted:
Himanta Biswa Sarma on Twitter: "We shall remember Amma as a towering political icon who ruled people's hearts. She has left us all grievi...

Plz don't go by the media only, they tend to mislead a lot...

Tha.RP8 said:
BTW reason 3 is invalid because in our state, when one of the most iconic woman Dr. Mamoni Raisom Goswami died, it was her daughter who did her last rites...

Bro, Jaya's political story is different. You should read through details about Sasikala and the link between Jayalalitha and Sasikala. Then you will understand why Sasikala is not allowing relatives of Jaya to reach Jaya till now.

If you have some time, go through the below article with patience.. I did go through only today (just an hour ago)..

How Modi once saved jayalalitha from a Frankenstein’s monster – Best of Live News and Articles

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock