Breaking NZC and Prime Video India Sign a Six Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
is Amazon join with any other broadcaster like star or sony or eurosports or 1 sports to telecast this series..
Difficult for most of the users to have unlimited broadband with good quality of internet.
Even Amazon can share with DD sports and get some revenue for this series..
Exactly .. but these money made broadcaster's won't take it due to ad revenue 😤😔

Last edited:
Do you really think they get back the invested around 30K crores ?? I don't think so
But they can show instream ads like Hotstar. The biggest issue of Hotstar is they don't provide good streaming obvious with the main reason to save the server cost, Because they don't own their own servers or data centres but Amazon does. So, Prime Video can provide much better quality for less cost at their backend.

is Amazon join with any other broadcaster like star or sony or eurosports or 1 sports to telecast this series..
Difficult for most of the users to have unlimited broadband with good quality of internet.
Even Amazon can share with DD sports and get some revenue for this series..
I am pretty sure India's Women tour of New Zealand will air on DD Sports as it would be considered important event. But don't Amazon will allow tv broadcast rights to anyone. OTT platforms prefer exclusivity. Never seen any movie where Amazon owns satellite rights makes it to tv. Be it Newton or October.

We think of Amazon Prime as only an entertainment destination and not a sports destination. If Disney+ Hotstar can show sports why not Amazon? It is an OTT service after all. Many Indians are fed up of the streaming and quality problems with Hotstar, SonyLIV and Voot, so Prime should hopefully solve them.

I am pretty sure India's Women tour of New Zealand will air on DD Sports as it would be considered important event.
DD and GOI only considers mens cricket as National Importance. Not Women's matches. Have you ever saw Women's matches on DD Sports? No rite?

Ps. DD hasn't broadcasted India Women's tour of Australia as well.

DD and GOI only considers mens cricket as National Importance. Not Women's matches. Have you ever saw Women's matches on DD Sports? No rite?

Ps. DD hasn't broadcasted India Women's tour of Australia as well.
I don't have DD FreeDish. So can't confirm whether Women's matches airs or not. As DD Sports is barred from airing events of national importance on paid platforms. And it's hilarious how Wimbledon makes it to DD FreeDish. But not Women's matches.

I don't have DD FreeDish. So can't confirm whether Women's matches airs or not. As DD Sports is barred from airing events of national importance on paid platforms. And it's hilarious how Wimbledon makes it to DD FreeDish. But not Women's matches.
To be frank., FTA channels needs to have competition as well. Like how, BBC has competition from Channel 4 in the UK, How Channel 7 and 9 compete in Australia. Let Doordarshan or any fta channel tie up with Star or Sony to put up bids with that segregations in place or if Sony or Star are willing to put up the matches on FTA themselves. That way, it will be transparent and would be more impactful on how broadcasters choose to do. Letting ministry choosing everything is not a great proposition or prospect. Let them decide which are of National Importance and let Broadcasters and boards worry about how they want to do them.

Last edited:
To be frank., FTA channels needs to have competition as well. Like how, BBC has competition from Channel 4 in the UK, How Channel 7 and 9 compete in Australia. Let Doordarshan or any fta channel tie up with Star or Sony to put up bids with that segregations in place or if Sony or Star are willing to put up the matches on FTA themselves. That way, it will be transparent and would be more impactful on how broadcasters choose to do. Letting ministry choosing everything is not a great proposition or prospect. Let them decide which are of National Importance and let Broadcasters and boards worry about how they want to do them.
No use. Way sports rights are going. Even BBC nowadays are having tough time to afford any rights. With all respects to SC's order. Important National Events should be likes of Olympics, World Cup and National Sporting Events like Somestic Sports. These should be available on DD Sports. Even ministry here should make sure that DD goes for the rights of the same for private platforms. I do not see any bilateral series as any event of being National event. Even DD knows it. No wonder they skip Women's matches.

My opinion is :
1. BCCI /Government should mandate all home matches should available in FTA channel (not need to be DD sports, the channel should available in all DTH and DD free dish without single penny). So Star and other broadcasters forced to have FTA sports channel and will telecast the india matches. It may not need to be same graphics like Pay channel, broadcaster can reduce the quality and graphics in FTA channel. So that the public who pays money will have better pic quality.
Similarly broadcaster can do the same for away and ICC matches.
By doing this, the broadcaster who buying the cricket rights will have full power of taking money from advertisement and won't cry for sharing the feed to DD
This is just my opinion

Many Indians are fed up of the streaming and quality problems with Hotstar, SonyLIV and Voot, so Prime should hopefully solve them.
Hotstar streams are definitely not up to the mark. But what issues are there with SonyLIV and Voot streams? SonyLIV is streaming The Ashes at 50 FPS, seems pretty good to be honest.

Looking forward to see how Amazon Prime works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock