Nokia 6 - 2017

ilikered said:
4GB RAM + 430 + 64 GB + Nokia is worth 17k in my view.

First it's not a Nokia product as made by HMD global only marketed as Nokia. Second that wide reach of service center network is gone now and it will take years to set that up. Third Battery is only 3,000 mAh so need to carry power bank all the time And lastly after making an entry for the first time in android they should be more aggressive as chinese manufacturer are pushing very hard.

Tax will be there and it will make 2-3K more costly in India. So Price should be around 12-13K including all taxes

Sarkar said:
First it's not a Nokia product as made by HMD global only marketed as Nokia. Second that wide reach of service center network is gone now and it will take years to set that up. Third Battery is only 3,000 mAh so need to carry power bank all the time  and I think that 64 GB isn't internal storage as XDA states it Via SDHC card. And lastly after making an entry for the first time in android they should be more aggressive as chinese manufacturer are pushing very hard.

Common people will see Nokia, only geeks like us will bother about HMD. They would plan the service network well in advance in my view. 3000 mAH is more than enough for SD 430, it's a battery friendly processor. This could also be a reason for that choice. Battery life depends on software optimization as well, not only on mAH. I hope they go with pure Android to achieve good battery life. As per the specs mentioned, expandable memory is 128 GB and internal is 64 GB. I would say this is a very good mid ranger which can compete with G4 series.

ilikered said:
Common people will see Nokia, only geeks like us will bother about HMD. They would plan the service network well in advance in my view. 3000 mAH is more than enough for SD 430, it's a battery friendly processor. This could also be a reason for that choice. Battery life depends on software optimization as well, not only on mAH. I hope they go with pure Android to achieve good battery life. As per the specs mentioned, expandable memory is 128 GB and internal is 64 GB. I would say this is a very good mid ranger which can compete with G4 series.
+1

Two things.. First.. Can anyone confirm if this device has Carl Zeiss lense as no camera phone till date is comparable to its quality.. 2nd Nokia had tie ups with HCL as their service partner and HCL has huge network so building up the service network would be really simple

ilikered said:
Common people buy devices from local stores. That means it will further push the price of the device by atleast Rs 4k bcoz of local dealers and distributors profit. So ultimately it will cross Rs 20k.

Still justified the price to quality ratio?

Sarkar said:
Common people buy devices from local stores. That means it will further push the price of the device by atleast Rs 4k bcoz of local dealers and distributors profit. So ultimately it will cross Rs 20k.

Still justified the price to quality ratio?

Price has to be around 15k bracket, it shouldn't be in 20k bracket. I also do not buy the argument of common people buying from local stores. In my view, online store reach had tremendously increased and most people are buying online. And, local stores are trying to compete with the online prices to sustain. I myself bought S7 edge from local store at lesser price than online. Let's wait and see what price they'll sell it in India. I hope they'll keep it around 15k. This phone's success (Read Nokia brand's success) is much awaited by many people including me.

nokia-6-copper_559_070317043757.jpg

Nokia 6 Copper colour variant to be available starting July 14 exclusively on Amazon

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock