• Views: Views 13,503
Trending on Twitter

Save Karnataka Mining

D2kcmm3UcAAtDA0.jpg
D2kVG6YVYAMqc-Y.jpg
D2kcK--U0AAqr6q.jpg
D2kbW-JUYAEq7lS.jpg

Floods in North Karnataka till South East Raichur district
Almost 5 districts (belgaum, bagalkot, vijayapur, Raichur and yadagir) under water, most affected is belgaum and mine district bagakot
Nearly 60 to 100 villages affected, increasing day by day
My place 8km away
We lost contact to 2 big major cities
W have to go around
This type situation almost 20 yrs after we r facing
This is highest ever
This flood is all due to heavy rains western ghats of Maharashtra
From almost 1 month
Krishna river over flowing
IMG-20190806-093915.jpg

IMG-20190806-093920.jpg

IMG-20190806-094046.jpg

IMG-20190806-101743.jpg

Last edited:
Only if Bangalore had nicer rains, we wouldn't have had to face water issues

And our Chief Minister is busy with the cabinet finalization / balancing act & is staying in New Delhi when the state is suffering! The only state specific action happening at the moment are transfers of govt officials (don't assume its for handling the flood situation or any other issues) left & right (and cancellations too) obviously involving "$$".

Sad state of affairs!!

Many places along the banks of Tungabhadra river in Ballari district, including the world heritage site Hampi, are facing flood threat after over 1.70 lakh cusecs of water was released from the Tungabhadra reservoir on Sunday morning.

According to information provided by the authorities, all the 33 gates were partially opened – 28 gates were raised for four feet to release 5,328 cusecs from each gate and five gates were lifted for one foot to release 1,398 cusecs from each gate – as the reservoir was receiving heavy inflow, over two lakh cusecs, thanks to the downpour in Tungabhadra catchment area in the Western Ghats for the last one week.

Karnataka rain: world heritage site Hampi faces flood threat

Many places along the banks of Tungabhadra river in Ballari district, including the world heritage site Hampi, are facing flood threat after over 1.70 lakh cusecs of water was released from the Tungabhadra reservoir on Sunday morning.

According to information provided by the authorities, all the 33 gates were partially opened – 28 gates were raised for four feet to release 5,328 cusecs from each gate and five gates were lifted for one foot to release 1,398 cusecs from each gate – as the reservoir was receiving heavy inflow, over two lakh cusecs, thanks to the downpour in Tungabhadra catchment area in the Western Ghats for the last one week.

Karnataka rain: world heritage site Hampi faces flood threat
This is my wife place
Almost water near house

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock