News from Assam

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 59
  • Views: Views 6,966
What's the big deal about this? It's their on the prescription given by the government hospitals as well. Don't see any outrage when everyone goes and get treated for free. Highlighting caste is a good thing. It helps to identify and help the underpriviled individuals.
Then why is this even in the news?

Then why is this even in the news?
Let me tell you the truth. Ever since BJP got re-elected Assam has become a punching bag of liberal media. Prior to that you can go back and see only praises from both sides of media. Problem was Assam was the epicenter of CAA protest long before even 2019 General elections. Despite the heavy protest. BJP got re-elected in the assembly elections because of the neglect of infrastructure of previous regimes and a clueless overconfident opposition. Ever since than Assam is shown under negative light. There is literally 0% caste related problem here. You can come and visit or ask anyone. Even muslim Assamese are happy. They live like any upper caste person would live in this part of the country. There is no discrimination. Here tribal communities comes out to protest to get ST/SC/OBC status for their tribes to get the extra benefits given to them by the center.

Let me tell you the truth. Ever since BJP got re-elected Assam has become a punching bag of liberal media. Prior to that you can go back and see only praises from both sides of media. Problem was Assam was the epicenter of CAA protest long before even 2019 General elections. Despite the heavy protest. BJP got re-elected in the assembly elections because of the neglect of infrastructure of previous regimes and a clueless overconfident opposition. Ever since than Assam is shown under negative light. There is literally 0% caste related problem here. You can come and visit or ask anyone. Even muslim Assamese are happy. They live like any upper caste person would live in this part of the country. There is no discrimination. Here tribal communities comes out to protest to get ST/SC/OBC status for their tribes to get the extra benefits given to them by the center.
So, by asking for caste on the forms they want to run a sort of a parallel reservation system then. Nice.

So, by asking for caste on the forms they want to run a sort of a parallel reservation system then. Nice.
They said it's a glitch. Meanwhile there is nothing wrong in having caste in forms. I don't get how it is discriminatory.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock