Breaking Netflix testing new 'Mobile+' plan with 1080p HD resolution at Rs.299 in India

Mr.Bhat

Contributor
Reaction score
Netflix is testing a new Mobile+ plan in India. The Rs 299 plan lets users stream content in HD quality on one screen at a time, be it mobile, tablet, or desktop/laptop. The Mobile+ plan is currently being tested on a selected few customers and will be rolled out widely if it gets a positive response.

“We launched the mobile plan in India to make it easier for anyone with a smartphone to enjoy Netflix. We want to see if members like the added choice Mobile+ brings. We’ll only roll it out long-term if they do,” a Netflix spokesperson said.

Netflix testing Rs 299 mobile+ plan in India that lets users stream in HD quality on mobile or laptop

Netflix is testing a new Mobile+ plan in India. The Rs 299 plan lets users stream content in HD quality on one screen at a time, be it mobile, tablet, or desktop/laptop. The Mobile+ plan is currently being tested on a selected few customers and will be rolled out widely if it gets a positive response.

“We launched the mobile plan in India to make it easier for anyone with a smartphone to enjoy Netflix. We want to see if members like the added choice Mobile+ brings. We’ll only roll it out long-term if they do,” a Netflix spokesperson said.

Netflix testing Rs 299 mobile+ plan in India that lets users stream in HD quality on mobile or laptop
They are still living in a delusional world. Look at the difference in pricing of them and their competitors. Even global competitors are careful with their pricing in India.

They are still living in a delusional world. Look at the difference in pricing of them and their competitors. Even global competitors are careful with their pricing in India.
Right...Only Netflix is the costliest service compared to others ...Round about 800 rs for a month...I am searching for other sources to subscribe Netflix rather than direct subscription...If no other sources then not thinking of subscribing...

They should've added HD support in ₹199 plan itself. I mean who in their right mind would pay ₹199 per month to stream in 540p. With the huge screen sizes of smartphones these days, even 720p looks bad.

Edit: I completely forgot. Even their ₹499 plan supports only SD streaming. This is ridiculous.

Last edited:
They should've added HD support in ₹199 plan itself. I mean who in their right mind would pay ₹199 per month to stream in 540p. With the huge screen sizes of smartphones these days, even 720p looks bad.

Edit: I completely forgot. Even their ₹499 plan supports only SD streaming. This is ridiculous.
Every plan should support in TV...Even it's SD that should support TV...U can see the new plan too doesn't support TV viewing...

I thought it was 720p, as they said it's "HD". It's actually 1080p, that is Full HD @₹299.
WOLr0Kf.jpg

Not that bad to be honest. Disney+ Hotstar Premium is also ₹299 per month. I would've definitely preferred if it was ₹249, but ₹299 is also not that bad.

Netflix starts testing Mobile+ HD 1080p plan in India at Rs. 299 per month; looking to crackdown shared logins

I tried subscibing, but after I entered my card details and OTP, it proceeds and then asks me to choose a plan again. And this time there's no ₹299 Plan available to select. I tried several times, but same outcome. Then I tried contacting the Customer Care. According to the representative it's only for New Customers, and not for people who have subscribed before.

poRuJJ1.jpg

I tried subscibing, but after I entered my card details and OTP, it proceeds and then asks me to choose a plan again. And this time there's no ₹299 Plan available to select. I tried several times, but same outcome. Then I tried contacting the Customer Care. According to the representative it's only for New Customers, and not for people who have subscribed before.

poRuJJ1.jpg
So it's just a customer seeking scheme.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock