• Views: Views 87,940

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Netflix Email Scam Targets Millions Of Subscribers

screen-shot-2017-11-03-at-11-23-26-1.png

A recent Netflix email scam has been targeting subscribers of the popular streaming service telling them that their account is about to be canceled. The well-designed, individualized fake email convinces customers to update their account information to avoid suspension. This results in stolen personal and credit card information.

The scam was detected earlier today and it targeted nearly 110 million Netflix subscribers. As mentioned, the fake site includes Netflix’s logo as well as popular Netflix shows like The Crown and House of Cards to make it seem legitimate. People with accounts should remain vigilant for these bogus suspension emails to avoid getting their personal information compromised.

Q: So if it is going to be about original content, it is also then going to be linked I would imagine to more flexibility when it comes to pricing plans because that is what we are seeing happen at least in markets like India. So are you going to be forced to maybe be much more competitive on the pricing side as well?

A: Netflix is only Rs 500 a month here which is consistent with our global pricing.

Q: Amazon is that much for a year, I believe.

A: Yes, but they do not have our shows. They have some content and then there is lots of stuff on YouTube for free. So think of it as, there is free content, there is cheap content and then what we try to do is have great content, have very unique shows with very special things and to make it easy to subscribe and join.

Read full interview and more regarding indian content, price, oringinal india series. Want to use the best of Indian cultural content, says Netflix CEO Reed Hastings

Lucky bro Bcoz still I didn't got such mail.
I already have Amazon prime and hotstar premium so will see if I need to take it or not.

Edit: Just signed up for second trial, entered credit card details and cancelled subscription right away(it will end after 1 month trial) to make sure I am not charged next month :)

Last edited:
Netflix now streams HDR video on Windows 10

The streaming behemoth has added support for playing HDR on Windows 10, both in the native Netflix app and in the Edge browser (sorry, no Chrome here). You're already set software-wise if you're running the Fall Creators Update. However, it's the hardware requirements that might leave you hanging -- and we don't just mean the need for an HDR10-compatible display.

Netflix noted that you'll need one of Intel's 7th-generation or later Core processors, and you'll have to use either the integrated graphics or a recent NVIDIA graphics card like the GTX 1050 or higher. For now, at least, anyone in the AMD camp is out of luck. The service said that this is the result of years-long partnerships, although AMD's Vega graphics are technically capable of the 10 bits per channel color you need for HDR. Technically, there shouldn't be much getting in the way.

Netflix now streams HDR video on Windows 10

The streaming behemoth has added support for playing HDR on Windows 10, both in the native Netflix app and in the Edge browser (sorry, no Chrome here). You're already set software-wise if you're running the Fall Creators Update. However, it's the hardware requirements that might leave you hanging -- and we don't just mean the need for an HDR10-compatible display.

Netflix noted that you'll need one of Intel's 7th-generation or later Core processors, and you'll have to use either the integrated graphics or a recent NVIDIA graphics card like the GTX 1050 or higher. For now, at least, anyone in the AMD camp is out of luck. The service said that this is the result of years-long partnerships, although AMD's Vega graphics are technically capable of the 10 bits per channel color you need for HDR. Technically, there shouldn't be much getting in the way.
One you buy subscription of 800 then invest in 7th generation intel processor then again a graphic card so its better to buy 4k tv and enjoy free youtube video.

Last edited:
One you buy subscription of 800 then invest in 7th generation intel processor then again a graphic card so its better to buy 4k tv and enjoy free youtube video.

I will buy Jiophone instead and watch 550 chs and movies there and return it after use and get full Rs 1500 return.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock