Discussion Netflix makes biggest India investment yet with ‘Sacred Games 2’

Pallab501

Reaction score
Sacred Games, Netflix’s breakout series in India, is set to get bigger in the second season of the crime thriller that releases this Independence Day. Industry experts said the video-streaming platform has spent as much as ₹100 crore on the series, the most any streaming service has spent on creating original content in India.

The highest investment on an Indian web show, previously, would be in the range of ₹3-4 crore (per episode) for around 12 episodes, the experts said.

Source: Livemint

@Pallab501 bro. You are not allowed to copy paste full article from a news site. Also you are gonna have to provide link to the article as source.

Then we can expect a 200 crore move from Amazon prime :tup:
Amazon is not stupid. They are here to make money not loose money. Good series can be made under a smaller budget. Take Little Things for example. Netflix is like Star. They overpay. Atleast Star will not have to regret in long run.

Amazon is not stupid. They are here to make money not loose money. Good series can be made under a smaller budget. Take Little Things for example. Netflix is like Star. They overpay. Atleast Star will not have to regret in long run.
No no no. I meant the competition mind of Amazon. Not exactly they are going to spend that money.

No no no. I meant the competition mind of Amazon. Not exactly they are going to spend that money.
I am thinking about business mind of Netflix. Last year they only made around ₹20 lakhs in profit from India. I don't know why would they invest ₹100 crore for just one series.

I am thinking about business mind of Netflix. Last year they only made around ₹20 lakhs in profit from India. I don't know why would they invest ₹100 crore for just one series.
Amazon is also not bad in spending money. They are buying a lot of latest movies at high price(sometimes more than satellite rates) while Netflix is not active there. Think, for a web series there is only piracy threat. But for a movie- Theatre release, Television broadcasting, DVD and as usual piracy.

Amazon is also not bad in spending money. They are buying a lot of latest movies at high price(sometimes more than satellite rates) while Netflix is not active there. Think, for a web series there is only piracy threat. But for a movie- Theatre release, Television broadcasting, DVD and as usual piracy.
You are right. According to quartz report. Most people watches more web series and than movies on Prime Video. I think because of the exclusivity. But IMO movies attracts to masses to subscribe. Most people doesn't know to illegally download stuff. After DOT blocking of pirated sites. It's very complicated to download stuff illegally.

I think OTT can only make huge profits only if they collaborate with ISPs and run an ad supported model.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock