Discussion Netflix is crushed in India because of Amazon and Hotstar

• Thread starter Mr monk
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 2,228
14 months back, i have opted for Netflix for one month trial. However, the limitation of having to manage around 50-60gig per month made Netflix not an viable option. After ACT and jio, airtel was forced to play aggressive and i have around 500+gig (every month some offer+260 monthly quota+data balance carryovers)...In the meantime, amazon (499 per year) and hotstar premium (around 700 per year -used visa card offer), spoiled me from considering Netflix daily driver. Used Netflix from my friend only for occasionally scenarios like for bright and mindhunter. Mostly amazon and hotstar got us covered.

Last edited:
The biggest advantage that Netflix has is the amount of 4k content. Amazon prime also has some. Hotstar has none.

The biggest advantage that Netflix has is the amount of 4k content. Amazon prime also has some. Hotstar has none.

But that will not going to help Netflix as wide spread 4K stream is not possible in india with patchy internet and most importantly with computer you can stream 4K only with Edge browser of Windows 10, no 4K support with any browser for windows 7 or 8 whose market share is way higher(almost 2 times) than win 10

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock