Need a good wifi router covering 2 floors

Sparker0i

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking to buy a new router. This router will be placed in a ground floor. There are 2 rooms in line to this room. There is also 1 room right above the room where the router will be placed.

If it's a table representation:

Floor 0:
KitchenLiving roombedroom 2
Modem room (near staircase)bedroom 1

Floor 1:
Study roombalconybalcony
Modem room (near staircase)balconyBalcony

The modem room is basically a staircase. The modem will be on floor 0. Study room is right above kitchen. Besides living room we have two bedrooms, one in perpendicular (next to staircase) and the other in the straight line. Everything else on floor 1 is balcony.

The router I buy should be able to give me signals (in priority):
  1. study room
  2. Bedroom 2
  3. Living room
  4. Kitchen
I have a budget of 2k. Max I can go till 2.5k. if the router is really nice, then possibly 3k, but won't really consider until then.

I also have ~₹800 as Amazon Pay balance, so if you can suggest something which fulfills something that falls under my budget + pay balance on Amazon, that would be even nicer....

EDIT: I need a router that works with fiber providers

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy a new router. This router will be placed in a ground floor. There are 2 rooms in line to this room. There is also 1 room right above the room where the router will be placed.

If it's a table representation:

Floor 0:
KitchenLiving roombedroom 2
Modem room (near staircase)bedroom 1

Floor 1:
Study roombalconybalcony
Modem room (near staircase)balconyBalcony

The modem room is basically a staircase. The modem will be on floor 0. Study room is right above kitchen. Besides living room we have two bedrooms, one in perpendicular (next to staircase) and the other in the straight line. Everything else on floor 1 is balcony.

The router I buy should be able to give me signals (in priority):
  1. study room
  2. Bedroom 2
  3. Living room
  4. Kitchen
I have a budget of 2k. Max I can go till 2.5k. if the router is really nice, then possibly 3k, but won't really consider until then.

I also have ~₹800 as Amazon Pay balance, so if you can suggest something which fulfills something that falls under my budget + pay balance on Amazon, that would be even nicer....
I am using TP-Link Archer C6 dual-band gigabit router since 2 years. I have no issues with regards to signal reception. Serving me well in my duplex house with ground, first and second floor. Router is placed on the first floor. Only 2nd floor room has a bit weak signal due to walls but manageable. Value for money product. Or else, you may look at Tenda AC10, costly though.

I am using TP-Link Archer C6 dual-band gigabit router since 2 years. I have no issues with regards to signal reception. Serving me well in my duplex house with ground, first and second floor. Router is placed on the first floor. Only 2nd floor room has a bit weak signal due to walls but manageable. Value for money product. Or else, you may look at Tenda AC10, costly though.
I forgot to add that I need a router compatible with fibre network.

Okay, but how will he insert the fibre cable into it? The wiring for my fibre optic is already done, it's just about buying the router...
Which fiber optic provider is it. Normally most of them use fiber optic to ethernet converter box during installation.

Okay, but how will he insert the fibre cable into it? The wiring for my fibre optic is already done, it's just about buying the router...
He will be using GPON ONT for that. Every optical fiber ISP provides that and it is included with the installation charges usually. You need a Wifi router only for wifi extension.

Which fiber optic provider is it. Normally most of them use fiber optic to ethernet converter box during installation.
Either railwire or Kerala vision. Both actually provided using the same cable

He will be using GPON ONT for that. Every optical fiber ISP provides that and it is included with the installation charges usually. You need a Wifi router only for wifi extension.
You mean there will be a modem for the fiber optic connection and I will have to have a wifi router just to have wifi?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock