My career is not over, I will make a comeback

M.J.Sadiq

M Jahabar Sadiq
Reaction score
Virender Sehwag has insisted that he will make a comeback to the Indian squad after he was dropped from the final two Tests against Australia when the selection committee got together on March 07.

Virender Sehwag dropped for last two Tests»

“My career is not over,” said Sehwag, speaking exclusively to Zee News.

His poor form in recent matches which has seen him score a solitary century in the last 2 years has led to much criticism of his performances and there have been calls or him to retire. But the flashy right-hander who was once India’s most explosive opener says he isn’t thinking of that just yet.

“I’m not thinking about retirement,” he said when asked about the issue, "I trust my game."

"Will continue to work hard for my place in the team," he added on microblogging website Twitter, "I trust my game and am confident that I'll be back."

He went on to wish the team good luck in the final two tests, tweeting: "Best wishes to the team."

With age against the 35 year-old and a failing hand-eye coordination, it remains unlikely he will return to the squad, but this isn’t the first time he’s suffered such a setback as he roared back into the first team back in 2008 after being dropped the previous year. Ruling him out completely, therefore, may be a tad bit premature.

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/cricket/i-will-make-a-comeback-virender-sehwag_757628.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock