Seeking Help My 1 TB Seagate HDD stopped working

• Thread starter Thread starter thisisjagan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8
  • Views Views: Views 947

thisisjagan

Contributor
Reaction score
Please help me. My 1 TB Seagate HDD stopped working. The light keeps blinking and the pc doesn't detect my hard drive anymore. I need help to fix it or at least recover data.

Mine is out of warranty.

you can try changing the cables first and use a different pc (sometime the os or the usb port has problems)
Bro...does your external hdd spin...you can feel if it is spinning or not....if you touch the drive you'll feel light vibration or you can stick your ear over hdd..you'll get a spinning sound...If you hear any unusual sound or clicking sound then there is a problem with hdd

If you could open external hdd you'll find a 2.5 inch hdd ...you can connect this to a laptop or any pc using hdd to usb converter

I don't feel the vibration bro. I tried in different port, tv and stb. Same results. I have to try changing the Cable.

I have opened the HDD to see if something is wrong and couldnt find any.

I have to use a different cable now or buy a disclosure or use USB pin.

I'll let you know how I go.

Thank you so much for your response. Appreciate it.

Its a bad news bro.. same way my seagate 320GB went off. Couldn't get the backup too. Lost important documents.
You can try what sumit bro have suggested though.. Hope you successfully recover your data.

in this way I also lost 2 HDD though They are internal SATA HDD.
One was 500GB and One was 160G
and Both of them were Seagate

Tried a different cable/case, no use. Going to try data recovery service to recover data.

Back
Top Bottom