Good News Mumbai to get its first AC local on January 1

Mumbai's First AC Local Train to Run From Andheri to Churchgate on December 25

The Railways will unveil the first air-conditioned suburban trains for Mumbai commuters from Monday, December 25 - 150 years after the first suburban local was hauled by a steam engine in 1867, officials said on Saturday.

The first AC local will leave Andheri on Western Railway at 2.10 pm and reach Churchgate at 2.44 pm.

After this introductory run, six return services will be operated on the suburban sector on all weekdays, with Saturday-Sunday being kept free for maintenance purposes, WR chief spokesperson Ravinder Bhakar said.

Manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory, Chennai, the fully air-conditioned air-suspension coaches have a capacity of carrying nearly 6,000 commuters per rake, automatic door opening-closing system, LED lights, Emergency Talk Back System between commuters and guard besides a public address system, advanced GPS-based passenger information systems, speeds of upto 100 kmph, air-tight vestibules inter-connecting all 12 coaches, other modern amenities and latest safety features for commuters.
Mumbai's First AC Local Train to Run From Andheri to Churchgate on December 25

Yes bro I don't see anything going big against BJP and they will easily win next elections given same situation as now.

States with local governments against BJP will continue to be neglected.

Its not that so easy ;);)

May be they come to power but situation will be coalition govt like UPA

Will see ,;)

What is first and second class in local train? What is the difference? Here there is no such thing like class in local train. Fare varies only if you take express train, passenger and local emu same fare
First class: seats different. very less rush than 2nd class, so can move & get in/out easily (in peak hours, it is also crowded for some routes). in first class, those who get the seat won't allow an extra person to be seated (4 in 3's place).

First class: seats different. very less rush than 2nd class, so can move & get in/out easily (in peak hours, it is also crowded for some routes). in first class, those who get the seat won't allow an extra person to be seated (4 in 3's place).

Does not those seated people exchange seat ? Here if someone is seated for more than one hour then he will definitely exchange his seat with the standing person. And 4 people will seat anyway if physical dimension of people does not prevent it

Last edited:
Does not those seated people exchange seat ? Here if someone is seated for more than one hour then he will definitely exchange his seat with the standing person.
not unless they get down. Here, very few % would have to seat more than 1 hour as the crowd is continuously moving/reach their destination. So, people might do that, not sure. In 2nd class, you may request. In 1st, generally, you would get a seat as they will be free mostly except sometimes.

)
not unless they get down. Here, very few % would have to seat more than 1 hour as the crowd is continuously moving/reach their destination. So, people might do that, not sure. In 2nd class, you may request. In 1st, generally, you would get a seat as they will be free mostly except sometimes.

Does TTE check tickets on train ? I mean if I buy 2nd class and travel 1st class(less crowded), will they catch me ?

Here TTE only check in station, they don't check on train

)

Does TTE check tickets on train ? I mean if I buy 2nd class and travel 1st class(less crowded), will they catch me ?

Here TTE only check in station, they don't check on train
Yes, they do in first class, but only sometimes. They can check at the stations too. The probability of getting caught is less, but I never did so.
First class is good only if you are a daily commuter & want to buy a monthly pass (First class monthly pass is approx equal to what you would pay if you buy a 2nd class ticket daily).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock