• Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 2,287

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Q. Who can have a VoIP Phone?
Ans. Any MTNL landline subscriber having a Broadband connection can have a MTNL VoIP
phone. If broadband is not availed, PSTN customer
can apply for the same. Q. How can I book a VoIP Phone?
Ans. A VoIP phone can be booked by through MTNL Customer Centers or by dialling 1500 or
through MTNL website. Q. How does VoIP Phone work?
Ans. With VoIP phone, phone calls are converted to digital data which uses part of the bandwidth that
comes with your MTNL Broadband connection. MTNL VoIP uses 'Voice over Internet
Protocol' (VoIP) technology and it's just a great
new way to make and receive phone calls using
your broadband connection instead of your
standard phone line. MTNL converts your phone
calls into data that zips through your high-speed broadband connection just like email. It comes out
the other end just like a regular phone call. Your
callers are unlikely to know that it's any different
since it sounds just like a regular phone call. With MTNL VoIP Service, you can have a additional
‘ virtual’ phone line without having to pay for new cabling to your premises. Q. Does MTNL VoIP phone really work like a
regular line?
Ans.You just plug your phone in to the telephone adapter and make your calls as usual (VoIP to
International PSTN/Mobile and MTNL VoIP to MTNL
VoIP). There is no need to use a headset or install
additional software. However you will not be able
to receive calls from any normal PSTN/ Mobile
phone at present. Q. Does simultaneous Internet browsing affect
VoIP Phone quality?
Ans. The speed of browsing will slightly reduce when VoIP phone is working. Quality of voice
through VoIP phone is not affected by Internet
Browsing. Q. What services will run simultaneously?
Ans. The PSTN telephone , Broadband Internet, IPTV & VoIP phone will all work simultaneously on
your telephone line. Q. What is SIP?
Ans. SIP stands for Session Initiation Protocol. SIP or Session Initiation Protocol is an application-level
control protocol for
setting up, changing and terminating multimedia
sessions between participants on IP data networks. Q. What does the Telephone Adapter do?
Ans. The Telephone Adapter is an analogue to digital phone converter. It makes it possible to use
your MTNL Broadband connection for additional
virtual lines. Q. What does DHCP mean?
Ans. DHCP stands for Dynamic Host Configuration protocol. It refers to the way your computer/ATA
obtains an IP address.
If you have DHCP enabled on your ATA, your
Telephone Adapter will get an IP address
automatically. Q. How much bandwidth does a voice call use?
Ans. This depends on which codec you choose when you set up the service. MTNL VoIP service is
currently offering a very bandwidth efficient voice
coder G.729 which will use only 35Kbps bandwidth
for a call. Q.Does the bandwidth used while making VoIP
calls add to my Broadband Bill ?
Ans. The MB usage of VoIP service is not charged. Q. Do I get another phone number with MTNL
VoIP Service?
Ans. When you sign up to MTNL VoIP Service you are given a 8 digit SIP ID number starting with 22.
You will also keep your existing landline number. Q. Is my MTNL VoIP number listed in the
telephone directory?
Ans. Your MTNL VoIP is currently not listed in the telephone directory. Q.If I cancel my MTNL Broadband service will
this automatically end my MTNL Voice service?
Ans. Closing your MTNL Broadband Account will automatically cancel your MTNL VoIP service. Q. Are emergency service calls available with
MTNL VoIP Service?
Ans. Access to Emergency Services from VoIP phone is not provided. MTNL has provided a
primary telephone line for contacting the
emergency services so that they can use your
geographic telephone number to locate you
quickly and easily. Q. How good is the voice quality?
Ans. Voice clarity is much better than a mobile phone and it's unlikely either you or your caller will
notice the difference to a normal phone line.
Variations in Call Quality may occur with varying
international bandwidth conditions. Q. What kind of phones can I use with the
service?
Ans. Most standard touchtone phones work with MTNL VoIP Service. However, you cannot use older
pulse-dial phones. Q. Can I connect my VoIP lines to a telephone
switch (or PBX)?
Ans. Some PBXs can be configured to support MTNL VoIP lines. However, MTNL VoIP Service is a stand-
alone solution and will not work with every type of
PBX. We suggest that you contact your PBX
manufacturer for further information. Q. Is there is any difference in call made from
SIP to foreign country between landline &
mobile?
Ans. Yes, some country have difference in call rates between landline & mobile. Q. How to check the balance of One's SIP by
himself??
Ans.The customer can check the balance of his SIP by dialling 225# (in DTMF/ Tone mode) from his SIP
Phone.
An IVR will announce the balance available.
If analog phone connected to the ATA is in Decadic
dialling mode, dial *225# to check the Balance of
his/her SIP."

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock