Discussion Motorola Smart TVs

• Thread starter iSK
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 28
  • Views: Views 8,611
I am planning for a 55 or 65 inch television. I don't have any knowledge about buying televisions. It will be good if someone helps me out which brand to trust and what should I look into while buying ? Is it good to buy it online or should I go offline? I know it's Offtopic, though
Just wait till evening, if One Plus launches the TV at affordable price, it would be the best bet with plenty of cool features, just wait till evening.
There is no difference in buying online or offline, but online you get the products at much higher discount and further card offers can be applied, and the delivery guy would open the TV in front of you to confirm it is not damaged, so in that way also it is safe.

I am thinking of buying a new 43 inches TV for using it for a year or two and I do agree that Mi TV don't have good panels, few days back went to Vijay Sales and compared different brands and frankly MI TV panel was the dullest out of all, and further Mi never reveal the brightness levels of their TVs, further they just advertise on HDR 10 which almost every TV has out in market. Don't know about the new Mi TVs that were launched few days back.

Vu seems best among all these budget brands in terms of display and further they have 450 nits of brightness compared to 200 and 250 nits on Mi and Iffalcon respectively, but I am not going with it as the premium android range still doesn't have Netflix and Prime, further many users have also reported that with Firestick 4K , HDR and Dolby Vision doesn't work properly and picture quality seems bad when compared to in house apps.

So just left with Iffalcon, it also has some complaints about screen bleeding but it seems the best option currently among all, still hoping for One Plus to launch 43 inch variant below 30K.
Did you saw mi tv 4a series? And what size?

I am planning for a 55 or 65 inch television. I don't have any knowledge about buying televisions. It will be good if someone helps me out which brand to trust and what should I look into while buying ? Is it good to buy it online or should I go offline? I know it's Offtopic, though
I bought all my big home appliances online & they are perfecty safe to buy online...

1) You will get huge discounts online if you buy from Flipkart/Amazon...Flipkart's Big Billion Day & Amazon's Great Indian Sale is starting from 29th Sept to 4th Oct...Flipkart will give 10% discount on Axis & ICICI cards...And Amazon will give 10% off on SBI cards...

2) In offline stores, they charge much extra for the same model plus if you buy from online, you can choose your own model by comparing it with other TVs & also make a decision by reading the customer's comments...

3) You will still get the same warranty if you purchase the item online...

4) If you are buying a new 4K TV, search for Dolby Vision & HDR10 support in them...

5) If you have a high budget, you can go for the LG AI ThinQ based TVs...Or if the budget is low, then you can buy the TCL P8 series...They are awesome TVs & comes with Certified Android 9.0 too... Here is the Amazon link of the 65" model : TCL 163.96 cm 4K Ultra HD Smart Certified Android LED: Amazon.in: Electronics

The above TV has all the exclusive features also you are getting a DLED TV instead of ELED TV at this price point which is great...When you compare this to MI TV 4 PRO which is a ELED TV is priced Rs.10,000 more than this TV...

6) Buy on the Flipkart's big Billion Day sale/Amazon great Indian sale to get them @ even cheaper rate...

7) Do not buy the extended warranty from the technician who will come to install the TV...After the TV gets installed, call the company directy & buy an extended warranty till 3-4 years atleast...This will add to the cost of the Tv but will help you in the long-run...

Last edited:
I am thinking of buying a new 43 inches TV for using it for a year or two and I do agree that Mi TV don't have good panels, few days back went to Vijay Sales and compared different brands and frankly MI TV panel was the dullest out of all, and further Mi never reveal the brightness levels of their TVs, further they just advertise on HDR 10 which almost every TV has out in market. Don't know about the new Mi TVs that were launched few days back.

Vu seems best among all these budget brands in terms of display and further they have 450 nits of brightness compared to 200 and 250 nits on Mi and Iffalcon respectively, but I am not going with it as the premium android range still doesn't have Netflix and Prime, further many users have also reported that with Firestick 4K , HDR and Dolby Vision doesn't work properly and picture quality seems bad when compared to in house apps.

So just left with Iffalcon, it also has some complaints about screen bleeding but it seems the best option currently among all, still hoping for One Plus to launch 43 inch variant below 30K.
You can buy this one : https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07SCFR7QR/ [Only 27k]

Instead of buying Iffalcon, buy a TCL instead...TCL is the company behind Iffalcon like you may know already but TCL's TVs' are far more better than Iffalcons...

81-M6I74rpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

TCL makes great TVs & they are at number 2 worldwide after LG...They are not that popular in India but in western countries, they are extremely popular...

Last edited:
You can buy this one : TCL 107.88 cm 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV 43P65US-2019 |: Amazon.in: Electronics [Only 27k]

Instead of buying Iffalcon, buy a TCL instead...TCL is the company behind Iffalcon like you may know already but TCL's TVs' are far more better than Iffalcons...

TCL makes great TVs & they are at number 2 worldwide after LG...They are not that popular in India but in western countries, they are extremely popular...

Thanks for the help, but this TV doesn't have much encouraging reviews on Amazon, most of them are pointing to poor integration with Alexa, even this LLoyd model would be selling at 20K(further 2K with cards total 18K), so do you have any idea about Lloyd TVs,this one has 400 nits of brightness and 30W of speakers while others are just giving 20W Lloyd Clara 108cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV Online at best Prices In India

I am even considering buying Vu Premium Android, if someone own it could you please tell about the overall TV, have heard it has got the best display in budget segment with Dolby Vision.

Thinking to go to Vijay Sales,Croma again and judging with my eyes which is the better among all

Last edited:
Moto is launching a high quality 4K Smart Android 9.0 TV with IPS Panel, Dolby Vision & HDR10...Google Assistant, Netflix, Prime will also be here...One of the main attractions will be the bundled Bluetooth Gamepad & the front firing soundbar...

The 43" model will cost only 29999 & 43-65" models will launch on Flipkart big Billion Days...

Here are some pics courtesy of Flipkart...

motorola-65sauhdm-original-imafkkg2gr6qk4b7.jpeg
motorola-65sauhdm-original-imafkkg28yngdgxc.jpeg
motorola-65sauhdm-original-imafkckmg6cg4dvb.jpeg

Now some early hands-on pics taken from a YT video...

r4bRMOK.png

Google Playstore button on the remote lol...I have not seen that before on any remote...Google Assistant is also there like u can see on the remote...

KjKly3s.png

CRu2hng.png

Apart from this new Lenovo, VU & also the TCL are the best companies in India who provides very good quality panels...

I seriously don't know why people are so obsessed with MI TVs...They use crappy panels on their TVs...If you are buying a new 4k TV, you should atleast go for a Tv which has an IPS panel...They make good phones but that doesn't mean that their TVs will also be good...

The Lenovo TVs are listed already on Flipkart & the sale will go live on 29th Oct on Big Billion day...So, if anyone is looking for a new 4K Tv, in my opinion they can consider this one over MI TV...This one has IPS panel with Dolby Vision & is cheap too...

I can't even imagine how TV prices gone down over the years...I bought my LG 43" IPS FHD TV in 2016 on EMI & the total cost was like 60k including the 4 years extended warranty which I purchased directly from LG...Now Dolby Vision + HDR10 + IPS panel Google Certified Android TVs are coming at 30k...:oops:

If you are buying any new TV from any company, always buy atleast a 3-4 years extended warranty...They will add to the cost of your TV but will save you in the long run... :)
My friend works in Flipkart Return Hub. He checks hundreds of TV's everyday even he also said Mi TV picture quality not that great compared Vu.

My friend works in Flipkart Return Hub. He checks hundreds of TV's everyday even he also said Mi TV picture quality not that great compared Vu.
Yes because the mi tv has started using ips panel from 2nd generation tvs. Ips panels are more strong, have a wider viewing angle than va. I own mi tv 4 55" (first gen the frameless one), it has Samsung va panel and hence has better picture quality than the current generation mi tvs, i hated mi when they didn't updated the firmware of my tv till now as promised.
Vu mostly uses VA panels, ips are also used in few models. Furthermore vu tvs are internally made from hisense tvs. And hisense is pretty good in terms of technology, quality and experience, they are even better than most of the international big brands. Hisense and TCL are very strong competition to Samsung, Sony and Panasonic.

Thanks for the help, but this TV doesn't have much encouraging reviews on Amazon, most of them are pointing to poor integration with Alexa, even this LLoyd model would be selling at 20K(further 2K with cards total 18K), so do you have any idea about Lloyd TVs,this one has 400 nits of brightness and 30W of speakers while others are just giving 20W Lloyd Clara 108cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV Online at best Prices In India

I am even considering buying Vu Premium Android, if someone own it could you please tell about the overall TV, have heard it has got the best display in budget segment with Dolby Vision.

Thinking to go to Vijay Sales,Croma again and judging with my eyes which is the better among all
LLoyd Tvs are not any good...Don't waste your money on them...

The TCL TV I gave you the link to actually has good ratings...I don't think you are looking for an Alexa enabled TV....Are you ?? Alexa is just an added bonus on the TV...Main important thing is the picture quality in any TV...And TCL has that...TCL is the world's number 2 TV maker after LG...

If you buy the cheapest 4K TV like LLoyd or something in that range, you will have to regret later...

P.S. You can buy the non-Alexa TCL TV from the same page if u want to...It's available at just 23k : https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07L8D8QK1/?tag=dreamdth-21 Comes with Micro Dimming too which no other company provides in this price range...

Rest is upto you... :)

I bought the 55 inch model of Motorola TV, during the Diwali sale on Flipkart. Got it for 36K. Using it for the past 3 days.

Review :
Overall I am satisfied.
4K is WOW - Youtube, Netflix streaming, Playback from USB drive, and 4K FTA channels in C Band- all are looking awesome.
HD & SD upscaling is not that good (but felt better than the Mi TV 55 inch of my friend's)
The soundbar is giving good sound, enough for my large hall. no need to buy an extra soundbar.
I didn't check the gamepad since I'm not a gamer kind.
It has DVB-T/T2 and DVB-C tuner inbuilt. I checked the T2 tuner, connecting a small antenna. Got the digital terrestrial service from Doordarshan. 5 TV channels and 3 radio channels. Connected my local MSO cable and scanned for channels in the DVB-C tuner. All the channels (around 400) got tuned, but not able to watch any, since all are scrambled/encrypted.

Cons :
1. There is much screen bleeding. It is visible when the screen is blank, when the TV boots and while you switch between the sources. It looks very ugly and annoying.
2. The ports located at the back are difficult to access when the TV is wall mounted.
3. SD channels are not looking good.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock