Discussion Motorola Smart TVs

• Thread starter iSK
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 28
  • Views: Views 8,615
Moto is launching a high quality 4K Smart Android 9.0 TV with IPS Panel, Dolby Vision & HDR10...Google Assistant, Netflix, Prime will also be here...One of the main attractions will be the bundled Bluetooth Gamepad & the front firing soundbar...

The 43" model will cost only 29999 & 43-65" models will launch on Flipkart big Billion Days...

Here are some pics courtesy of Flipkart...

motorola-65sauhdm-original-imafkkg2gr6qk4b7.jpeg
motorola-65sauhdm-original-imafkkg28yngdgxc.jpeg
motorola-65sauhdm-original-imafkckmg6cg4dvb.jpeg

Now some early hands-on pics taken from a YT video...

r4bRMOK.png

Google Playstore button on the remote lol...I have not seen that before on any remote...Google Assistant is also there like u can see on the remote...

KjKly3s.png

CRu2hng.png

Apart from this new Lenovo, VU & also the TCL are the best companies in India who provides very good quality panels...

I seriously don't know why people are so obsessed with MI TVs...They use crappy panels on their TVs...If you are buying a new 4k TV, you should atleast go for a Tv which has an IPS panel...They make good phones but that doesn't mean that their TVs will also be good...

The Lenovo TVs are listed already on Flipkart & the sale will go live on 29th Oct on Big Billion day...So, if anyone is looking for a new 4K Tv, in my opinion they can consider this one over MI TV...This one has IPS panel with Dolby Vision & is cheap too...

I can't even imagine how TV prices gone down over the years...I bought my LG 43" IPS FHD TV in 2016 on EMI & the total cost was like 60k including the 4 years extended warranty which I purchased directly from LG...Now Dolby Vision + HDR10 + IPS panel Google Certified Android TVs are coming at 30k...:oops:

If you are buying any new TV from any company, always buy atleast a 3-4 years extended warranty...They will add to the cost of your TV but will save you in the long run... :)
This is seriously wrong info that mi tv have crappy panels. I own lg, sony and mi tvs. And the worst panels are the ips ones(here lg). They lack blacks in the picture due to their ips technology. Va panels are still the best in terms of perfect colours and without blacks everything changes in picture quality. Yes ips panels have wider viewing angle than Va but atleast for me picture quality of a tv is the most important factor where ips totally lacks.

This is seriously wrong info that mi tv have crappy panels. I own lg, sony and mi tvs. And the worst panels are the ips ones(here lg). They lack blacks in the picture due to their ips technology. Va panels are still the best in terms of perfect colours and without blacks everything changes in picture quality. Yes ips panels have wider viewing angle than Va but atleast for me picture quality of a tv is the most important factor where ips totally lacks.
LG has worst panels ?? First time heard that anywhere in the world... :oops: :oops: :oops:

I am personally using LG & Samsung TVs from atleast last 20 years...Among all the TVs, LG has the best panels...Your personal experience may have been bad with LG...But that doesn't mean what you are saying...Several TV making companies borrow/purchase LG's panels on their TVs...

But if you want to stick to MI, it's your wish...I have seen several instances of Mi TVs going down just after 2-3 years...

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion but I'm not agree with you on this as I am personally using LG since ages now...

Comparing MI with LG is like comparing a Maruti 800 with a Porsche/Lamborghini...MI doesn't even make their own panels...They outsource/purchase them from other companies same as their high-end phone displays...

Last edited:
LG has worst panels ?? First time heard that anywhere in the world... :oops: :oops: :oops:

I am personally using LG & Samsung TVs from atleast last 20 years...Among all the TVs, LG has the best panels...Your personal experience may have been bad with LG...But that doesn't mean what you are saying...Several TV making companies borrow/purchase LG's panels on their TVs...

But if you want to stick to MI, it's your wish...I have seen several instances of Mi TVs going down just after 2-3 years...

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion but I'm not agree with you on this as I am personally using LG since ages now...

Comparing MI with LG is like comparing a Maruti 800 with a Porsche/Lamborghini...MI doesn't even make their own panels...They outsource them from other companies same as their high-end phone displays...
Tv with lg pannels are overpriced and worst ...mostly tv with lg pannels in budget segment are totally outdated and based on old technology ...so its better to go with mi or vu

Tv with lg pannels are overpriced and worst ...mostly tv with lg pannels in budget segment are totally outdated and based on old technology ...so its better to go with mi or vu
Like I mentioned before...I am personally using LG since last 20 years now & I'm thrilled to see the picture quality myself...Even my 15 years old Golden Eye Pride had great pic quality at that time...Also in western countries, most people buys only LG TVs (more expensive ones obviously)...

You can buy Mi or VU...But if I will have to buy a new TV, I will always first try to buy an LG & if I can't afford that, then I will be buying a TCL 4K which are great TVs too with Dolby Vision Certification...

LG, Samsung & Sony are all overpriced (Sony being the top-most overpriced of all time) & generally out of reach for most people...That's why these Chinese companies are profiting here...Mi, VU etc are only popular in India/China but if worldwide popularity is concerned, no company can beat LG in TVs...

Last edited:
I am just telling the technical side. I too own lg, sony and mi. My first and only lg led tv made me realise i made a big mistake (coming from using sony led tv). Go to any tv review sites like rtings.com or HDTV test, lg's ips panels are rated the worse in terms of picture clarity, even below Chinese competition. Only their oled tvs are amazing bcoz no ips!

Comparing MI with LG is like comparing a Maruti 800 with a Porsche/Lamborghini...MI doesn't even make their own panels...They outsource/purchase them from other companies same as their high-end phone displays...
This is way too funny!
Lg= Porsche/Lamborghini:LOL:
Then what are sony and Samsung = Land cruiser?

Not going to indulge in war with blind Xiaomi fans lol...You stay happy with your MI...I will stay happy with LG...

I agree we should not he hijacking motorola tv thread! I am a blind mi and a Samsung fan! You have already seen that, so enjoy!
Knowledge is everything not ignorance!!
https://www.rtings.com/tv

I am thinking of buying a new 43 inches TV for using it for a year or two and I do agree that Mi TV don't have good panels, few days back went to Vijay Sales and compared different brands and frankly MI TV panel was the dullest out of all, and further Mi never reveal the brightness levels of their TVs, further they just advertise on HDR 10 which almost every TV has out in market. Don't know about the new Mi TVs that were launched few days back.

Vu seems best among all these budget brands in terms of display and further they have 450 nits of brightness compared to 200 and 250 nits on Mi and Iffalcon respectively, but I am not going with it as the premium android range still doesn't have Netflix and Prime, further many users have also reported that with Firestick 4K , HDR and Dolby Vision doesn't work properly and picture quality seems bad when compared to in house apps.

So just left with Iffalcon, it also has some complaints about screen bleeding but it seems the best option currently among all, still hoping for One Plus to launch 43 inch variant below 30K.

I am planning for a 55 or 65 inch television. I don't have any knowledge about buying televisions. It will be good if someone helps me out which brand to trust and what should I look into while buying ? Is it good to buy it online or should I go offline? I know it's Offtopic, though

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock