Mobile TV to be delayed more

anilsk01

Reaction score
Mobile television services in the country may be delayed further even as the Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry has sought a meeting urgently with the Department of Telecom to sort out “issues” related to launch of the service.

The I&B ministry has expressed its keenness to resolve the issue of spectrum allocation for service providers and finalisation of mobile television broadcasting norms soon.

However, unless the two Union ministries sort out the relevant issues on the important issues, the launch of Mobile TV services could be delayed.

The Mobile TV services launch has already been delayed by over a year due to a lack of final decision over several issues, including spectrum allocation, finalisation of a regulatory mechanism for the sector and a final detailed discussions with various stakeholders.

The I&B ministry wants to launch Mobile TV services at the earliest. It estimates that the high-end, value-added service could bring in a large amount of revenue for the government.

Official sources stated that the Information and Broadcasting Ministry is currently in the process of laying down a suitable regulatory framework enabling private players to provide mobile TV services in the country.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock