Discussion MNP Sim should switch off in Morning time

Hello guys, I faced a similar issue when I ported my number from BSNL to Airtel. Porting time given was 14th Dec 2022. Then when I check in the morning BSNL signal was still showing. But here is the problem, I was able to do outgoing calls from BSNL but when I try to call that number it says switched off. Called Airtel customer care and then asked them about the port status, they told that the number has been ported to airtel.
I then removed the BSNL sim and I inserted the airtel sim and it was showing signal. I then tried calling the tele-verification number, but kept getting call failed. After a min or two, then I got a SMS saying the services have been set and asked me to restart the phone. After I restarted the phone everything was working and that is without tele-verification. I don’t know how that was possible. Also, I didn’t get any message saying welcome to Airtel or anything after the porting was done. Also, even the SMS services were working since when I activated the SIM card. I really don’t know how that is possible as well. Usually the SMS services has to be blocked for 24 hrs after sim change.
Can anyone please explain if any of the others has also faced this issue?

After I restarted the phone everything was working and that is without tele-verification. I don’t know how that was possible. Also, I didn’t get any message saying welcome to Airtel or anything after the porting was done. Also, even the SMS services were working since when I activated the SIM card. I really don’t know how that is possible as well. Usually the SMS services has to be blocked for 24 hrs after sim change.
Can anyone please explain if any of the others has also faced this issue?
Firstly congratulations for new sim card now a days tele verification is not required when you purchase sim using eKYC. My recent port to BSNL doesn't require the same.

Firstly congratulations for new sim card now a days tele verification is not required when you purchase sim using eKYC. My recent port to BSNL doesn't require the same.
Thank you so much for confirming this. But can you confirm about the SMS service as well? Did it work for you as soon as the sim got activated?

Thank you.

same as porting ....recently port vi to airtel ... no tele verification required...

same as porting ....recently port vi to airtel ... no tele verification required...
Thank you. Could you confirm regarding SMS service as well. Did it work from the time of activation of the sim or after 24 hours?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock