MIUI 8 global ROM launched, here are the Xiaomi devices receiving the update

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Xiaomi today launched its Mi Max phablet in India. The company also introduced MIUI 8 global ROM that brings various new features. The public beta of the MIUI 8 Global ROM will be available starting July 11 via an OTA update, which will be available on Mi Community as well as MIUI Forum. The stable version of the MIUI 8 Global ROM will be available starting August 16.

First of the Xaiomi devices to get the public beta of the MIUI 8 ROM are the Mi Max, Redmi Note 3, Mi 5 , Mi Max, Mi Note , Mi 4i , Mi 4 , Mi 3 , and Mi 2. Apart from the Redmi Note 3 ,
Redmi Note 2 , Redmi Note Prime , Redmi Note , Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi 2 , and Redmi 1s will be eligible for the update.

Along with new features, Xiaomi’s MIUI 8 comes with redesigned interface, in line with
Google‘s Material design. The update brings new color themes and animates as well. Xiaomi has partnered Mobikwik which will enable one click mobile and DTH recharge via MIUI 8 in India. The new feature called dual-app allows two WhatsApp account on same phone. Not just WhatsApp but users can use duplicate any app into two. The company has also introduced a dual-space optimization feature that allows users to create separate spaces for different accounts with different passwords.

Mi India
@XiaomiIndia
Customise how you navigate your device with the Quick Ball feature! Love it?

Mi India
@XiaomiIndia
Taking a screenshot will never be the same again with #MIUI8 - Scrolling Screenshot! RT if you love this feature!

Mi India
@XiaomiIndia
The amazing #MIUI8 Quick Ball feature - how would you use it? Tell Mi!

Some of the other features of MIUI 8 are Cloud Photo Sync, revamped gallery, smart Caller ID features, smart calculator and some new features like the scrolling screenshots, T9 dialler with Hindi search and Quick ball. Xiaomi has tied up with Hungama to offer a dedicated store for free ringtones.

MIUI 8 global ROM launched, here are the Xiaomi devices receiving the update | Latest Tech News, Video & Photo Reviews at BGR India

thats why I like Mi, they continue provide new updates to their all users. I hate samsung, they are too lazy and provide updates only for high end devices.

Sourabhs20 said:
thats why I like Mi, they continue provide new updates to their all users. I hate samsung, they are too lazy and provide updates only for high end devices.
But still some people will argue that they don't update android Base normally. But those people don't understand the fact that they gets new Android features with latest MIUI without updating android Base.

Sarkar said:
But still some people will argue that they don't update android Base normally. But those people don't understand the fact that they gets new Android features with latest MIUI without updating android Base.

Yeah bro, you are right....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock