Mitchell Marsh ruled out of IPL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABCDEFGH

Reaction score
Mitchell Marsh ruled out of IPL 2016 with side strain

prv_ee967_1462098830.jpg

Rising Pune Supergiants' injury woes in Indian Premier League (IPL) 2016 continued with Mitchell Marsh, the Australian all-rounder, becoming the latest to be ruled out of the tournament. The 24-year-old, who picked up a side strain, joins Kevin Pietersen and Faf du Plessis in the list of Pune players forced out of the tournament due to injury.

Marsh starred with two wickets in Pune's win over Sunrisers Hyderabad last week. However the injury concern meant he had to be left out of the playing eleven in the team's home defeat to Gujarat Lions. He will now be assessed by the national team's medical practitioners before Australia leave for the Caribbean tri-series, scheduled to begin on June 3.

"Mitchell experienced some pain over his left abdominal area whilst batting at a training session with his team Pune in the IPL a few days ago," Alex Kountouris, Cricket Australia Sports Science and Sports Medicine Manager, was quoted as saying by cricket.com.au on Sunday (May 1). "He missed his teams next game and the pain has not resolved.

"Marsh had scans in India that suggest he has a side strain injury and will now return home for further assessment and treatment ahead of the tour of the West Indies. Once we have a better understanding of the extent of the injury we will be able to advise on his return to play time frames."

Marsh featured in three of Supergiants' games, picking up four wickets at a frugal economy of 5.00. His absence is likely to blight an already underwhelming bowling attack for Pune, who have won only two of their seven games so far. The team management has already flown in Usman Khawaja as a replacement for Faf du Plessis late last week and will now be forced into looking at bowling reinforcements.

Rising Pune Supergiants play the last of their home matches in Pune on Sunday, against inter-state rivals Mumbai Indians, before shifting base to Visakhapatnam for the remainder of the tournament.

Mitchell Marsh ruled out of IPL 2016 with side strain | Cricbuzz.com

Nightmare for RPS:-/

What a beautiful catch.

Last edited:
What do u want to say bro?
I accidentally clicked on the thread while browsing IPL thread without realising I posted a reply here. I reported the post to be moved to the IPL thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock