• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 496

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Beginning today, you can now completely remove the password from your Microsoft account. Use the Microsoft Authenticator app, Windows Hello, a security key, or a verification code sent to your phone or email to sign in to your favorite apps and services, such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Family Safety, and more. This feature will be rolled out over the coming weeks.

If my account doesn’t have a password, how will I sign in?

Once you remove your password from your account, you will need to sign in using a passwordless method like the Microsoft Authenticator app, Windows Hello, physical security keys, or SMS codes.

Will my account be secure?

Yes! Using alternative sign-in methods like the Microsoft Authenticator App, physical security keys, and biometrics are more secure than traditional passwords which can be stolen, hacked, or guessed.

l87bK5V.jpg

iKcZP5m.jpg

Does a passwordless account work with all apps and services?

No. Some older versions of Windows, apps, and services still need a password. Please continue to use a password if you use any of the following:
Xbox 360
Office 2010 or earlier
Office for Mac 2011 or earlier
Products and services which use IMAP and POP email services
Windows 8.1, Windows 7 or earlier
Some Windows features including Remote Desktop and Credential Manager
Some command line and task scheduler services.

Does a passwordless account work with all apps and services?

No. Some older versions of Windows, apps, and services still need a password. Please continue to use a password if you use any of the following:
Xbox 360
Office 2010 or earlier
Office for Mac 2011 or earlier
Products and services which use IMAP and POP email services
Windows 8.1, Windows 7 or earlier
Some Windows features including Remote Desktop and Credential Manager
Some command line and task scheduler services.
OTP method is there? Like on phone?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock