Microsoft in talks to buy TikTok US business

I did say that if you buy it, whatever the price is, that goes to whoever owns it, because I guess it's China, essentially, but more than anything else, I said a very substantial portion of that price is going to have to come into the Treasury of the United States. Because we're making it possible for this deal to happen. Right now they don't have any rights, unless we give it to 'em. So if we're going to give them the rights, then it has to come into, it has to come into this country.

It's a little bit like the landlord-tenant [relationship]. Uh, without a lease, the tenant has nothing. So they pay what is called "key money" or they pay something. But the United States should be reimbursed, or should be paid a substantial amount of money because without the United States they don't have anything, at least having to do with the 30%.

Trump calls TikTok a hot brand, demands a chunk of its sale price

US Treasury to get piece of the sale! Great!
Indian government need to learn this and do that to mobile companies who has created unethical monopoly by having multi sub-brands to compete against each other.

This is really foolish. Tik Tok is valued at $50 Billion. The money is directly going to China. Instead of giving money, Microsoft can just spend $10 billion to create another Tik tok. Stupid move!

This is really foolish. Tik Tok is valued at $50 Billion. The money is directly going to China. Instead of giving money, Microsoft can just spend $10 billion to create another Tik tok. Stupid move!
They are not acquiring the app only buddy! They want to acquire the user base with it... Thats not foolishness, they have to work really hard to build such kind of userbase, its easier to buy one than building one. It's the same strategy employed by Disney+ in India.

Last edited:
They are not acquiring the app only buddy! They want to acquire the user base with it... Thats not foolishness, they have to work really hard to build such kind of userbase, its easier to buy one than building one. It's the same strategy employed by Disney+ in India.
What else is left after app and it's user base? haha

Now I hope Microsoft doesn't screw up Tiktok, the same way it did with Skype and Beam (Mixer)
It's hilarious to hear people saying that they are skyping using Zoom. 😂

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates has described the company’s potential TikTok deal as a poisoned chalice. In a wide-ranging interview with Wired, Gates makes it clear that Microsoft acquiring parts of TikTok won’t be easy or simple. “Who knows what’s going to happen with that deal,” says Gates. “But yes, it’s a poison[ed] chalice.” He also notes that being a big player in the social media business “is no simple game,” as Microsoft will have to contend with a whole new level of content moderation.

Bill Gates calls Microsoft’s TikTok deal a poisoned chalice

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock