Manmohan asks Pakistan to 'control monster of terror'

Napster

Reaction score
In his first reaction after Pakistani-American terrorist David Coleman Headley's stunning disclosures about the ISI's role in 26/11 Mumbai terror, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday warned Pakistan to control jihadi groups that target India and underlined that it was in Islamabad's interest to control the "monster of terrorism" it has unleashed.
In the same breath, Manmohan Singh, however, said that the dialogue process that has been resumed will continue, adding that India should "use every possible opportunity to talk to Pakistan and convince them that terror as an instrument of state policy is not simply acceptable to the civilised world".

While returning from a six-day visit to Ethiopia and Tanzania, Manmohan Singh used the strongest language he has ever for Pakistan's failure to shut down the terror machinery directed against India in which some elements of Pakistani state are suspected to be involved.

"The more I see of what is happening in Pakistan the more I am convinced that Pakistan's leadership must now wake up, and must recognise that the terror machine they have or at least some elements in the country patronise, is not working to anybody's advantage," he said.

"As Pakistan's neighbour, we have great worries about the terror machine that is still intact in Pakistan. We would like Pakistan to take much more effective action to curb the activities of those jihadi groups which particularly target a country like India."

hindustantimes

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock