Good News Los Angeles to host 2028 Olympics

Cricket has been played once before at an Olympics, in Paris in 1900, when England and France played a single match for the gold medal. But in Los Angeles there will be a T20 men’s and women’s tournament that will open up a potentially lucrative commercial market in the Asian subcontinent.

The current Olympic broadcast rights in India are sold for individual Games and reported to be worth just £15.6m ($20m) for Paris 2024. But industry experts have told the Guardian that, depending on the format and the number of guaranteed matches for India, this figure could rise to £150m if cricket was included in Los Angeles.

Official
Squash also set to debut in Olympic 🔥🔥

Dj9vEUB.jpg

Last edited:
As it stands, Boxing will not be part of the Los Angeles 2028 Olympics as the IOC is yet to recognise any world federation for the sport.

As an Indian I approve cricket. It will not only bring us medals. It will peak interest about Olympics among Indians. As a sports fan I strongly disagree inclusion of sports like cricket, golf, baseball, flag football etc. These sports are either played by few countries or dominated by hand few nations. Take Cricket World Cup for example. How many countries take part?

I think IOC should only let host nations pick one additional sports of their own. After all they need to fill stadiums. What's the purpose of spending billions of dollars worth stuff if there is no advantage in anything?

As an Indian I approve cricket. It will not only bring us medals. It will peak interest about Olympics among Indians. As a sports fan I strongly disagree inclusion of sports like cricket, golf, baseball, flag football etc. These sports are either played by few countries or dominated by hand few nations. Take Cricket World Cup for example. How many countries take part?

I think IOC should only let host nations pick one additional sports of their own. After all they need to fill stadiums. What's the purpose of spending billions of dollars worth stuff if there is no advantage in anything?
But cricket isn't come under SAI
whole credit then get bcci which in the end rich/ powerfull bcci more which they already

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock