• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,183

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
New Delhi, Apr 18: The Gandhian crusader Anna Hazare has written a letter to the Congress president Sonia Gandhi and charged the telecom minister Kapil Sibal and the party leader Digvijay Singh of using anti-joint committee remarks about Lokpal panel. In reply to Hazare's letter, Mr Sibal rejected all allegations made by Hazare.

Kapil Sibal informed, "I never said civil society members succumbed to govt pressure."

Anna Hazare in his letter to the Congress president, asked Sonia Gandhi to tell Kapil Sibal and Digvijay Singh, "not to derail the process (of drafting a Jan Lokpal Bill to address the issue of corruption)."

Taking a hand on Digvijay Singh, Hazare wrote, "One of the General Secretaries of Congress Party has been making many statements in the press in the last one week. I assume that he has the support of the party to make such remarks. Most of these statements are factually wrong, which makes one believe whether his only intention is to create confusion, mislead people and derail the ongoing discussions in joint committee."

This was not the first time when Kapil Sibal and Anna Hazare got engaged in a war of words. Earlier, Hazare had asked Sibal to quit from the joint panel after Sibal allegedly doubted the productivity of the committee.

"If he (Kapil Sibal) does not have faith on the joint committee, he should resign without any delay," Hazare had chided while criticising the telecom minister.

OneIndia News

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock