OTF Exclusive List of the major OTT app subscriptions bundled by Jio Fiber and whether they are accessible outside the Jio STB

That means for playing OTT in any secondary Android box/Stick, I have to have the Jio STB. I can't watch OTTs even if I go for higher plans. That's very unfair.
You can watch OTT in any platform if you have JioFiber subscription of those apps.
But if you opt for higher plans in JioFiber for OTT subscription, the STB is free of cost. It was so earlier. But with the implementation of new plans, you can initially take plan without STB and then take higher plans for OTT subscription. They will certainly run in any platform.

Last edited:
I watched "How the universe works" It is showing as premium content in my mobile app
They do provide some premium contents over mobile app. But in JioFiber, it's not there....not even the whole seperate app for the Discovery Plus. Unless we have the dedicated app, we can't access the premium and many other contents

Which one? No premium content of Discovery Plus available to JioFiber users yet.
I just checked two contents turns out both are premium.
Some snaps for reference :
xrIiO8o.jpg

4HbB8LK.jpg

W3cBGgc.jpg

The above one also a premium content. Do check on your STB. Kindly update it as they are providing this like ALT Balaji(through JIOTV+) but unofficially.

I just checked two contents turns out both are premium.
Some snaps for reference :
xrIiO8o.jpg

4HbB8LK.jpg

W3cBGgc.jpg

The above one also a premium content. Do check on your STB. Kindly update it as they are providing this like ALT Balaji(through JIOTV+) but unofficially.
I said the same thing that they are providing some contents through JioTv+, not each and all, also these are very old contents. That's why we require the separate dedicated app for the same.

I said the same thing that they are providing some contents through JioTv+, not each and all, also these are very old contents. That's why we require the separate dedicated app for the same.
10. Alt Balaji - Only accessible on the Jio STB (via Jio TV+) with only few contents.
Then by that logic even certain apps like Lionsgate, Shemaroo me is not available as an application on STB. They are available only in JIO TV+. But u have mentioned them in first post.
Even alt balaji has few contents only but u have mentioned.
Regarding old content, I am yet to explore but it is irrelevant since the thread is about OTT App subscription.
We require a stand-alone Application I totally agree but we can't hide Jio is providing Premium services of these app through JIOTV+ or App or STB only.

Then by that logic even certain apps like Lionsgate, Shemaroo me is not available as an application on STB. They are available only in JIO TV+. But u have mentioned them in first post.
Even alt balaji has few contents only but u have mentioned.
Regarding old content, I am yet to explore but it is irrelevant since the thread is about OTT App subscription.
We require a stand-alone Application I totally agree but we can't hide Jio is providing Premium services of these app through JIOTV+ or App or STB only.
As I said I only mentioned what JioFiber indicating under their plans i.e. 12 OTT apps.
There are many other apps including Discover Plus which they are offering throughtheir STB, although I have mentioned each and every apps provided by them in a separate dedicated post + OTF Exclusive - List of Apps provided by Jio Fiber

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock