OTF Exclusive List of Apps provided by Jio Fiber

Anybody else having the problem that when they view Sony Liv from TV they can view Premium content but when you use same id to login via mobile it is asking to subscribe for Premium content?

Anybody else having the problem that when they view Sony Liv from TV they can view Premium content but when you use same id to login via mobile it is asking to subscribe for Premium content?
Yes it was there. But now resolved. Now I am able to watch SonyLiv in my android TV with JioFiber credentials. In Jio STB the SonyLive picture quality setting is limited to "Auto". But in Android we can set HD

I guess this happens on Android TV if we do not use the Sony LIV app on the Jio STB every month after auto renewal.

Meaning, I believe that the Sony LIV subscription on the Jio STB is set up in such a way that it auto renews every month. I guess we could see this renewal date on the app (via Jio STB) through the app's Settings.

Try this:

1) Log out of the account on your mobile, do a 'clear data' of the app in Android Settings.

2) Use the app on Jio STB once, just for a few minutes. Check if the Auto Renewal (or plan Expiry) date is mentioned under the app's Settings.

3) Now login to the app on your mobile and see if you can watch Premium content.

Doing this has usually solved the issue for me on Android TV. I am not sure if the subscription works the same way on mobile phones.

If it still does not work, that may mean that Sony LIV does not allow complimentary subscriptions to be used on mobile devices.

I have had similar issues on the Voot app too. But that app does not use to work on Android TV too, no matter what we do.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock