Discussion Linking of Aadhaar with Voter ID Card

Must be scrapped by sc. Its illegal. The uid is just a number, not nationality proof. If you like uid to voterid, all illegal immigrants will be able to vote. Today, they dont have voter id, but have uid. Tomorrow they can get voter id as well - infact, the greedy minority appeasement politicians will themselves give the voter id cards to the them. Even bjp has said that uid is not nationality proof.

This whole aadhar thing was made to check leakage in govt doles. Not a noose around every citizen.

Must be scrapped by sc. Its illegal. The uid is just a number, not nationality proof. If you like uid to voterid, all illegal immigrants will be able to vote. Today, they dont have voter id, but have uid. Tomorrow they can get voter id as well - infact, the greedy minority appeasement politicians will themselves give the voter id cards to the them. Even bjp has said that uid is not nationality proof.

This whole aadhar thing was made to check leakage in govt doles. Not a noose around every citizen.

From the star by law Aadhaar is a proof of identity and not citizenship. Different high court also upheld that.

Linking voter ID with Aadhaar will help verify eligible voters in voting booths. Right now election commission cannot verify whether right person voted or someone else has voted for him aka booth capture.

In most cases muslim women refused to show their face as it is covered with burkha as a male poling officer cannot ask her to remove it to verify her face. So how will you identify right voter by seeing only her eyes ?

You just need to replace first poling officers long check list with a smartphone connection with fingerprint sensor

Right now election commission cannot verify whether right person voted or someone else has voted for him
I wonder how the rest of the developed world is ok with it and not eci? Sure, there will be booth capturing, bogus voting, etc.. What for are huge crores of money spent to secure election booths? Does it mean we allow illegals to cast vote in india. If yes, then whole of assam, wb and neighbouring areas will be demographically changed and only appeasement politicians will rule... it is very dangerous.

I am not saying that reforms are not needed in elections, but one should not make such changes which can hurt the country.

I wonder how the rest of the developed world is ok with it and not eci? Sure, there will be booth capturing, bogus voting, etc.. What for are huge crores of money spent to secure election booths? Does it mean we allow illegals to cast vote in india. If yes, then whole of assam, wb and neighbouring areas will be demographically changed and only appeasement politicians will rule... it is very dangerous.

I am not saying that reforms are not needed in elections, but one should not make such changes which can hurt the country.

First thing you need to understand is that Having aadhaar will not let you vote. No where it says that by having Aadhaar you can vote.

You need to be present on voter list. Aadhaar link is only for filtering as a second line of defence against spam voter ids

I understand the issue, uid may catch duplicate voter cards. But it is not so simple.
And how do you prevent illegals from getting voter id? Pls explain. Today all illegals have uid. Even terrorists from across loc have uid. If eci and govt can guarantee that no illegals can get voter id and explain how they will do that, and if its convincing, this mode can be used.

That's everything needs to be in public domain from financial to personal data so that anyone can see what someone poses and can raise question if something not matching only then corruption will end
corruption will never end.neerav modi escape with 11400 crores

I understand the issue, uid may catch duplicate voter cards. But it is not so simple.
And how do you prevent illegals from getting voter id? Pls explain. Today all illegals have uid. Even terrorists from across loc have uid. If eci and govt can guarantee that no illegals can get voter id and explain how they will do that, and if its convincing, this mode can be used.

It's not like illegals people and your terrorist are only making Aadhaar and does not/cannot have voter ID/ration card etc. So arguing on the basis of these things does not work.

Aadhaar is developed so that we can authorise our identify online, no need to submit or verify Physical documents and the time it required for it.

We can also lock our bio metrics so that no one can use it. Pls lock it.

U need to provide ur authentication to lock / unlock it

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock