Latest Movies Reviews.

Jenitkumar

Reaction score
In India,

Every year there is a lot of films to be realeased every friday.

This thread to get the reviews for latest movies.

Plz post here latest reviews.

Love U...Mr Kalakaar: Poor in content and execution
10eq7iu.jpg

Producer: Kamal Kumar Barjatya, Rajkumar Barjatya, Ajit Kumar Barjatya.
Director: S. Manasvi.
Cast: Tusshar Kapoo, Amrita Rao, Ram Kapoor, Madhoo, Prem Chopra, Jai Kalra, Kiran Kumar, Kunal Kumar.

MUMBAI: Love U… Mr Kalakaar follows Rajshri tradition; only neat and clean fare. Usually, their films are old wine in new bottle (often even the supporting cast remains constant). But this time, however, the makers have gone a few rungs down the ladder with this film. It is not even wine; more like cough syrup in an old wine bottle.

There is this girl, Amrita Rao, daughter of a self-made millionaire, Ram Kapoor. She is being looked after by her widowed paternal aunt since she lost her mother in childhood (another Rajshri quirk!).

While working as a management trainee at her father's office, she comes across Tushaar Kapoor, a qualified architect whose ambition is to have a comic strip on page 2 of a leading newspaper some day. It doesn't matter that neither broadsheets nor tabloids publish comic strips on page 2; after all, the whole story lives somewhere in fantasy past.

Love blossoms between the two which, obviously, is not acceptable to the self-made millionaire father of the girl. He wants a business brain to take over his company after him and an artist would ruin his daughter's life as had happened in the case of his sister. Why he doesn't think of his management student daughter succeeding him is perhaps not considered since this is an old fashioned film!

Since Ram Kapoor thinks that the only way a boy will make his daughter happy is by being able to run a corporate house successfully, he appoints Tusshar as the managing director of his company. The condition is that he has three months to prove himself in this position to qualify to marry his daughter. Tusshar sets out to prove himself. This corporate company is less like an office and more like a joint family where everybody is bickering or planning and plotting behind Tusshar's back as if he was a new bahu in the house; his status is undermined by all and sundry. Not surprisingly, the start of Tusshar's test is disastrous. But, when Amrita Rao joins forces with him with help from her college tomes, they create a turnaround; that earlier Amrita could not get even a simple projection report right does not hinder in any way.

Rich vs. poor is a tried and tested love story formula but it depends entirely on how it is scripted. Love U… Mr Kalakaar lacks drama, twists and turns, tautness and genuine emotions; it abounds in inconsistencies. Direction is lacklustre with the approach to the subject being totally from film watching experience rather than imagination. The idea of comedy in this film is some side character pouting as he speaks. Musically, only one song holds any appeal, 'Tera intezaar…' though the tune sounds familiar. Dialogue is routine. Performance wise, Tusshar Kapoor is fair while Amrita Rao is okay. Ram Kapoor, Madhoo and Prem Chopra act with restrain. Rest are caricatures in most cases just sprung on the viewer.

Love U… Mr Kalakaar is too poor in content and execution to make any mark at the box office.

Seniors : Box Office Collection Report
wwg37l.jpg

Super hit film Pokkiri Raja fame director Vysakh’s second film ‘Seniors’, released on May 7 in 65 cinemas across Kerala. According to reports and public opinion the multi-starrer film ‘Seniors’ is an above average comic, fun and suspenseful entertainer.

The story of the film is, Padmanabhan alias Pappu (Jayaram), Rex (Kunchacko Boban), Rasheed Munna (Manoj.K.Jayan) and Philip Idicula (Biju Menon) are friends and were classmates in college. A girl, Lakshmi (Meera Nandan),Indu (Padmapriya)’s sisiter gets killed while they are in college and Pappu gets jailed for that. Now, 12 years later, he is back from jail. His friends have got ready for him a house and are happy to have him back. They wants life to go on its normal course after that. But Pappu has his own plans. He wants them to go back to college, to join the PG course and start life from where it had broken off for him. (We do doubt his intentions, don’t we? For there is Indu (Padmapriya), who was their collegemate and who now teaches in the same college; she could be the reason for his wanting to come back to college. Or maybe, there is something to be found out, about the killing of Lakshmi…well, keep guessing).

3.5 crore budget film Seniors has got an excellent box office collection from opening weekend, earning 3 crore rupees.And producer got 1.44 crore as share.This is the best collection in the opening week for a Malayalam movie without super stars. All theaters across kerala were housefull on the first week of releasing. Now also maintaining 80 to 90 % all over kerala.

“Seniors” was released across UK on May 7 and this was the first Malayalam film to have a simultaneous release along with India. Seniors will hit Middle east on 19th of May.

Seniors : Malayalam Movie Review
2cz35t0.jpg

Producer- Vaishak Rajan
Director- Vysakh
Cast- Jayaram, Biju Menon, Manoj.K.Jayan, Kunchacko Boban, Padmapriya, Ananya, Meera Nandan etc
Music- Jassie Gift, Alex Paul, Alphonse
Cinematography- Shaji
Story, Screenplay, Dialogues- Sachi-Sethu
review by : Unni

I won’t say that Vysakh’s ‘Seniors’ is an outstanding movie. I wouldn’t say it’s a bad movie either. I liked it, but to be frank I expected it to be much better, a full-length laugh riot in pace of a comedy-suspense mix. And the suspense aspect, it didn’t work that well with me, I guessed the whole thing much before half time. But I did like the movie, it’s OK for one watch. There are some good moments, there are things that could have been better but I should add, as an after-thought, that there are scenes that could have been worse too. So, just enjoy the movie, forget it and go home. You won’t take back anything with you, just time pass.

Padmanabhan alias Pappu (Jayaram), Rex (Kunchacko Boban), Rasheed Munna (Manoj.K.Jayan) and Philip Idicula (Biju Menon) are friends and were classmates in college. A girl, Lakshmi (Meera Nandan) gets killed while they are in college and Pappu gets jailed for that. Now, 12 years later, he is back from jail. His friends have got ready for him a house and are happy to have him back. They wants life to go on its normal course after that. But Pappu has his own plans. He wants them to go back to college, to join the PG course and start life from where it had broken off for him. (We do doubt his intentions, don’t we? For there is Indu (Padmapriya), who was their collegemate and who now teaches in the same college; she could be the reason for his wanting to come back to college. Or maybe, there is something to be found out, about the killing of Lakshmi…well, keep guessing).

So, the seniors return to college, seeking admission by blackmailing the principal (played by Vijayaraghavan). They have some fun; and so do we. And then, it’s time for some action, some suspense to be unravelled, some revelations to be made and some misconceptions to be cleared. But no, things won’t happen the way the ‘Seniors’ want it to happen.

You’d expect the film to be an outright comedy-caper, as I did, but no, go expecting a mix and you’ll come out more satisfied than me. There are jokes that won’t make you laugh, but if you are bent on having a laugh, you can; well, that was what many of my neighbours in the theatre were doing, laughing at silly jokes. Of course there are some real good ones too. The film is OK, good I’d say. It could be a hit, I want it to be a hit as the director is a friend. Well, it’s not a bad movie, paisa-vasool kind of stuff you may say. Go and watch it.

Performances

The best of the lot, as for performance, is Biju Menon. Manoj.K.Jayan is also good. Kunchacko Boban is good. Jayaram is his usual self. The ladies don’t have much to do. Veterans Jagathy Sreekumar and Vijayaraghavan are wasted in insignificant roles. Suraaj Venjaramoodu repeats himself.

Technical aspects

Shaji’s cinematography and Mahesh Narayanan’s editing suit the mood and the tempo of the film. There is nothing outstanding to mention.

Music

Songs are just so so. Background score by Gopisunder suits the mood.

Script

Sachi and Sethu have definitely done better than their last film, ‘Doubles’, which was totally insufferable. But compared to their earlier films like ‘Chocolate’ and ‘Robin Hood’, ‘Seniors’ lacks something. The premise that they had in hand, that of senior guys going back to college, could have been worked out in a different and better way.

Direction

Vysakh’s direction has bettered. The guy who gave last year’s biggest hit ‘Pokkiri Raja’ has done even better and the film may even be a big hit. Mainstream Malayalam Cinema can hope Vysakh to deliver more hits in the years to come.

Overall verdict- Comic, funny first half . Second half a mix. Balanced…could have been better.

Rating: 2.75/5

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock