Kapil Sharma signs 3-film deal with YRF

shawl_who

Reaction score
MUMBAI: Comic actor Kapil Sharma, who has made his mark on television with ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’, is now all set to foray onto the big screen as an actor. Sharma has signed a three-film contract with Yash Raj Films’ youth division Y-Films, and will debut as lead actor in their upcoming feature film ‘Bank-Chor’. Sharma has also signed a talent management deal with YRF’s talent management wing that handles celebrity endorsements and films. Yash Raj Films business and creative head Youth Films, Talent Management and Brand Partnerships Ashish Patil said, “Kapil is one of the most exciting names in entertainment right now. He opens up a whole new space of films, brands and more for us. And audiences are going to get to see a whole new side of him in Bank-Chor. We’re thrilled to welcome him into the YRF jungle.” ‘Bank-Chor’ will be a thriller comedy that tells the story of three morons trying to rob a bank who pick the worst day possible when everything that can go wrong, goes wrong and how they’re inadvertently caught in the crossfire of cops, industrialists and corrupt politicians. The film is directed by Bumpy and produced by Ashish Patil. Shooting for the film will commence in April this year. Sharma said, “It’s a privilege and a dream to be part of the YRF family and have my launch with their youth films studio, Y-Films. The script is the most exciting part since it’s the kind of role that’s very unlike the stereotype of a comedian or what people could typecast me as. As an actor it’s challenging and I’m so excited that I’ve already started working on the nuances of the character. I’ve done serious theatre for years before comedy. Finally with YRF’s vision, I’ll get to do this again after a 12-year break and this script has equal scope of comedy.” The comedian turned actor will now join the likes of Rani Mukerji, Anushka Sharma, Ranveer Singh, Parineeti Chopra, Arjun Kapoor, Ayushmann Khurrana, Sushant Singh Rajput, Saqib Saleem, Rhea Chakraborty, Vaani Kapoor and Saba Azad in the YRF Talent Wing. :lol

Kapil Sharma pockets three-film deal with YRF | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock