Kapil Sharma Tweets To PM Modi, 'Is This Achhe Din?' Fadnavis Promises Action

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
Mumbai: Comedian Kapil Sharma, one of the top entertainers on Indian television, was not being funny on Friday morning when he tagged Prime Minister Narendra Modi in angst-ridden tweets complaining about corruption, also sarcastically referring to "Achhe Din".
"
I am paying 15 cr income tax from last 5 year n still i have to pay 5 lacs bribe to BMC office for making my office @narendramodi
1:23 AM - 9 Sep 2016" "Yeh hain aapke achhe din ? @narendramodi"

Mr Sharma alleged that he had been asked for a Rs five lakh bribe by Mumbai's civic body for his office. The twin forces of social media and Kapil Sharma drew an instant reaction. Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has ordered action.

The post was re-tweeted over 2,500 times in three hours. The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) asked Mr Sharma to make a formal complaint and name the officer who demanded bribe from him. Then the Chief Minister tweeted.

Kapil Sharma Tweets To PM Modi, Is This Achhe Din? Fadnavis Promises Action - NDTV.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock